If This Was Love

If This Was Love

Prologue

            “I reject you as my mate,” were the last words I heard come out of my boyfriend and mate’s mouth.  Here, let me refresh you on recent events

            Thomas Jamison, beta in training, and I started dating a year before I turned seventeen.  A few days before a werewolf turns seventeen they find their mate, then on their birthday they shift for the first time.  My birthday is a week earlier than Thomas, meaning I would find my mate before him.  Okay, back to the present.

            “What?” I ask, flabbergasted.  “I thought we love each other,” I say, my voice going down to a whimper.  I see sadness flash in his eyes before they turned dark again.

            He gives a hard laugh.  “If this was love, then we are screwed.”  I feel my eyebrows pucker up in confusion.  He gives another cold laugh.  “I never loved you Grace,” he says enunciating each syllable.  My light hazel eyes sting with unshed tears. 

            “What?” I sniffle as I feel my wolf give a small cry. 

            “I only wanted you for your position.  Now, I found someone better, someone I really love and I’m not about to let you ruin it.  Plus, you always were weak.  I can’t be mates with someone who’s weak.”

            “Who?”  I don’t know why I had to ask that.  I didn’t want to know, but I had to.

            “Allison.”

            “MY SISTER!” I scream in shock.  “How could you?”

            He just shrugs.  “I would say sorry, but I’m not.  So, I, Thomas Jamison-“

            “No, don’t,” I beg as I feel my heart tear a little.

            “-officially reject you, Grace-“

            “Please Thomas!”

            “-White.  I reject you as my mate.”  As he says those final words, I feel like my heart and brain explode with pain as the bond is ripped to shreds.  I fall down to the ground, my back sliding against the brick wall, my wolf howling in pain. 

            As Thomas’s footsteps start to fade, I jump to my feet.  “Thomas!” I shout.  He turns around, indifference coloring his eyes. 

            “What do you want?”

            I swallow past the tears as I straighten my shoulders.  I walk towards him with as much confidence as I can muster.  I step right up to him, and I watch surprise flicker in the browns of his eyes.  “I will get revenge.  I’ll show you, I swear to you, I will.  I’m not as weak as I’m perceived,” I growl right into his face, and I watch him flinch.  I turn around; leaving the one man that should’ve loved me.  I wipe the snot off of my nose as I walk away with the sleeve of my shirt.  Just wait and see.  Revenge is going to be bittersweet.