"Sal, doll"

><><><><><><><><><><><>

"And you couldn't use the backyard latter why?"

"Well- I- y'know- I thought it'd be more fun!"

Sally shook her head as she cleaned Ringo's cut on his leg, cheek, hand, arms, and forehead. "Well, don't do it again, you could've had a serious injury, Ringo." Sally sighed and poured more rubbing alcohol to the cotton. Ringo flinched and closed his eyes, hissing, as Sally cleaned his cut on his cheek.

"Thanks, Sal." Ringo said as Sally threw away the many cottons she had used on Ringo, and rolled down the bottom hem of his pajamas.

Ringo hopped off the counter and walked towards Sally's bed, limping, and laid down, sighing. Sally followed him and put her hands behind her head. Ringo did the same.

"Do ya think your mum will kill us if she sees me laying next to you, on your bed?" Ringo spoke up as he took out a cigarette. Sally sighed. "Yup." Ringo chuckled and took a drag, he offered one to Sally but she declined.

"SALLY!"

The pair jumped out off the bed when they heard mom coming up stairs. Ringo took one last drag from his cigarette, tossed it on the ground, stepped on it, kicked it under Sally's bed and went to hide in her closest. Sally took out her perfume and sprayed some on her self and the room. She opened the window, turned on the tv and laid on her bed.

Just in time.

Mom opened the door and looked at Sally then around the room. "What was all that noise?" She asked Sally. "What noise?" Sally asked. Mom raised her eyebrow and looked at the window.

"Why is the window opened?"

" 'Cause I got hot." Sally said and fixed her eyes on the tv. Mom took another look at the room;

Then she sniffed.

"Sally, please tell me why I can smell the smell of cigarettes!" Mom exclaimed. Sally gulped. "Neighbors, probably." She shrugged. "I mean, I do have the window open, the smell could've easily got in. Mom, you know I can't smoke anyways." Sally chuckled. Mom nodded and sighed.

"Right. Sorry I've been so rude lately Sal, things are just getting stressful. Money, food, I'm really sorry." Sally gave her mom a small smile. "It's alright mom." She said. Mom smiled back at her and closed the door. Once Sally heard her steps die down, she whispered, "you can come out now."

Ringo got out of the closet, locked her door, and laid on Sally's bed. "Why can't you smoke?" He asked and looked at her. "Asthma." She said and turned off the tv. She laid back down on her bed and turned off the lights. She felt Ringo get up and close the window. He laid back on her bed and cuddled her.

"Night, Sal doll." He whispered, putting a strand of her hair behind her ear and kissed her temple.

"Night, Ringo." She whispered back with a smile, and closed her eyes.