Chapter Fifteen

Will's POV

I have been crying for the last 30 minutes. To be honest, I thought I was going to cry the whole day, I wanted to cry the whole day, but I couldn't because this lady walked into her room. I automatically knew that she wasn't a nurse because she wasn't wearing on of those fucking shirts with those ugly ass designs.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask as I run to the end of the bed to protect Bailey from possible danger.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"No, you shouldn't considering, a) I have no fucking clue who you are and b) you could be a danger to her," I say and look back at the beauty laying on the bed behind me.

"I am her mother. Tell me who you are, or I will tell someone to escort you out," she says surprisingly calmly. Now I that I know that, I can see similarities between them.

"I'm her boyfriend," I say and watch as her eyes widen and mouth falls open.

"H-Her boyfriend?" She stutters.

"Yeah, so are you going to tell me what her fuckup of a dad did to her?" I ask. As soon as I do, I see her eyes start to water.

"You know... I mean she told you?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't she? Like I said I am her boyfriend."

"I know that, but I know that no matter what Robert does to her, she would still never someone."

"You know her?" I sarcastically ask but it comes out more of a statement, "That's not what she fucking told me! You know what she told me? She told me that you left her! You left her to get beaten by that prick!"

"I-I didn't know it was this bad," she sobs. When she says this, I run my hands through my hair, pulling on every strand.

I just roll my eyes and sit back down on the chair. As soon as I am sitting I grab her hand and hold it.

"What happened?" I ask through clenched teeth.

"The doctor s-said that she has a broken nose, a f-few broken ribs, infected stitches and cuts all over her body, he said that there was also trauma to the head," she says while crying.

"Is that it," I ask through clenched teeth and balled up fists. As soon as I said it I knew that it wasn't because starts crying even harder.

"What else," I say and she sniffles her nose.

"The doctor...said that there were signs of rape," immediately after she says this I'm on my feet, hands running through my hair.

Her mom told me that the doctor was surprised that she actually woke up when she did. Even if it was only for five minutes.

One Month Later

She still hasn't woken up. I have barely left the hospital so I would definitely know if she woke up. Hell, I don't want to leave to get food or shower but her mom basically forces me out of the room. I believe her exact words were 'do you really want her to wake up with smelling like ass?'

Her mom and I have become really close in the last month. The first day I met her she told me her name was Charlotte. Granted, I'm still pissed about the fact that she left her, but I have gotten to know her.

Apparently, over the years she has gotten remarried and has a son. She seemed happy talking about them, but this made me all he more mad. How could she have just gone on with her life? She had a daughter that she left.

Ever since my mom has had that little dictator growing inside her she has been obsessed with trying to make us the picture perfect family.

Well news check mom we aren't and never will be.

Maybe that's why I don't want to go home. Because of my family.

Maybe I am just saying that because I don't want to believe I'm in love. Love sucks. She will only hurt me. She has hurt me. I know that's a little ironic coming from me but I can't help it.

She is literally the only girl that has ever made me cry. Let alone sit by a fucking hospital bed holding her hand with her mom sitting in the same room.

I don't know what I'm going to do. The doctor said that she might wake up with time, and that they hope she continues to breathe on her own. They sounded hopeful but I on the other hand am losing hope everyday she doesn't wake up. Everyday I feel like I've cried more than I did the day before.

I feel as if I'm slowly dying. I can't help but think, is this what I put her through?

———————————————————————————

816 words