10

It was another day

It was another day. Another morning to witness Jimin dropping off his daughter at Ara's preschool. Another afternoon to watch him pick her up. Another evening to visit with a box of popcorn and watch some Disney movies with both of them.

It had almost been a year of the pair dating, and they had both adjusted to life with the other.

But there were times she was afraid of overstepping. Still.

She never wanted to get in the way of Jimin's beautiful relationship with his daughter, but she didn't know where that line stood.

Getting up out of bed, she took her phone from her table, immediately scanning over the calendar on her wall.

It really has been a year.

Without thinking, she turned her phone on and called him.

They normally didn't call in the morning, because he would be too busy trying to get Eunji ready for school and get himself ready on top of that. Usually, they'd just settle for a good morning text.

But she just had the urge to hear his voice today.

"Morning beautiful," he answered smoothly, and she could sense a bit of surprise in his voice but he hid it oh so well.

"Morning handsome," she was glad he couldn't see her because of the cheesy grin plastered over her face but reckoned he probably heard it anyway.

"How'd you sleep?"

"So well," she hummed, "You?"

"We're still in bed," he laughed tiredly, "We don't wanna get up, do we sweetheart?"

"Nope!" Ara heard Eunji's voice in the background, "I'm taking a day off school today!"

Jimin and Ara both giggled, "Yeah, can you inform the mayor, Lady Eunji won't be able to make it today."

"Yep! And make sure he sends over flowers!" she yelled in the background and that made Ara beam.

For a short while, before realising maybe this was where that line stood.

That line she should not be crossing when it came to their relationship.

"Hey, sorry for calling, I'll let you two get ready!" she shook herself from her trance to say, suddenly feeling a huge weight of guilt on her shoulders.

"You alright?" his voice was gentle, causing her to melt right there. Reminding her of the first time they saw each other, at the coffee shop. One word out of his mouth making her weak at the knees.

"I'm fine, honey," she tried to match his tone, "It's nice that your voice was the first thing I heard today."

"You can call me whenever you want... Even if you don't have a reason to," his swift reply was unexpected and it took her all of five seconds to catch her breath.