BSM: the greater good pt. 1

Dean store down at you and watched you closely as you played with a few blocks. He watched you protectively as if the slightest sound that came from you made him jump and go over to you. Sam put his hand on Dean's shoulder "dude she's fine" Sam said "mmM" Dean replied, as you gurgled "she's endanger" dean said sounding fierce "Dean.. she's gurgling.." Sam said running a hand through his own hair "what?" Dean asked still looking at their sister "I think you're being a little bit overprotective" Sam said looking away from his laptop. Dean made a face "am not!" He whined "Are too!" Sam said as Cas appeared and picked you up "hi there y/n" he smiled down at you. His blue eyes meeting your green. He smiled and you reached up at him and yawned. Dean and Sam looked at Cas "she likes you" Dean said "Well I guess that makes two Winchester's then" he said under his breath. Dean glanced at him "What?" He said "nothing" Cas said sitting down on the sofa with you and gently humming a small tune. Dean sighed and nodded and looked at Sam who had heard what Cas said "what's got you so giddy?" Dean questioned "nothin" Sam lied pulling it off with a simple shrug and looked back at the screen "Mhm" dean said doing the same. He glanced back at Cas and you and smiled a little. He didn't want anything to happen to you for as long as he lived. So as a result he knew he would have to make a difficult decision "I think y/n should live with Bobby" he hesitantly said to Sam and Cas who immediately picked their heads up. Sam made a face of disbelief "dean no she's only 2" Sam said opening his mouth to go further but dean stopped him "which is exactly why she should Sam. She doesn't need to be raised in this life like we were" dean said "that's not your call" Sam said not wanting to let her go just as much as Dean didn't. Dean sighed "that's what dad probably would have wanted" he sighed "I mean think about it dude. The only reason why we are like this in the first place is because of what happened with mom. And dad got obsessive to try and find the thing that murdered her" he started "our obsession is everyday Sam, we don't have an apple pie life or a white picket fence to take care of her properly" he middled the end of his speech. "Dean so we protect her" Sam said "it's not like we are alone we have Cas" he said "Jody, Donna, Charlie, Kevin!" He started "think about those people that would protect her just as much as we do right now dean" he finished "that's not the point sammy" dean sighed. Cas frowned and held you close "I think it's a bad idea dean" he said "since when did we ever have any good ones?" He started and frowned.

_________

Hope you liked this chapter, I hope you guys have a good day. Thank you for reading, commenting and voting it means so much to me :)

~Sym🌼