Ear Infection Part 2

Louis had been sat up watching a late movie. As he took himself off to bed at 2am, he could hear Harry sobbing in his bedroom.

He knocked quietly on the door and went in. Harry was laying in bed. In his hand was a towel, pressed to his poorly ear. He had no pillows, as the doctor suggested laying flat to let the infection come out.

"Harry?" Louis whispered as he sat on the bed next to him. "Is it really sore?"

Harry nodded slightly. Keeping his eyes shut.

"Can i have a look?" He asked. Harry hesitated , but nodded and tried to sit up. He moved the towel and Louis gasped.

"God H! That's a real mess. I'm gonna clean it, I'll be really gentle i promise, then I'll get you a clean towel. Is that ok?"

He went to the bathroom and got a small bowl of warm water and some cotton wool. He came back and sat down, moving Harry's hand away.

"Gentle ok?" He said calmly. He dabbed some cotton wool in the water and squeezed it, cleaning the mess from around Harry's ear first. He wasn't too bothered by the sight of it, the smell though was quite bad, and he had to scrunch his nose up quite a bit.

Once he'd cleaned outside, he started just inside his ear. The doctor said not to clean too far in, as it would hurt too much, so Louis cleaned just inside. He dried it with a clean bit of wool.

"Take your painkillers, then try get back to sleep yeah!?" Louis said, handing him the pills and a glass of water. Harry took them, despite it still hurting to swallow.

He placed a towel on his bed and Harry laid his poorly ear on it.

"Thanks Lou" he said tiredly.

"You're welcome love. Hope it's a bit better. See you in the morning!" Louis replied as he left for his own bed.

---

Next morning, Louis didn't wake Harry up. He thought he could probably do with a longer sleep.

So Louis was in the living room eating some cereal, when he heard Harry coming down the stairs. He came over and sat down next to Louis, holding the towel against his ear.

"Morning H! How you feeling?"

"Terrible! Hurts like fuck!" He said miserably. Louis wrapped a comforting arm around him.

"Cuddle?" Harry nodded and they sat back on the sofa, Harry curled himself up to Louis. They sat watching morning tv for a bit, before Louis noticed Harry had fallen back to sleep. The poor boy was exhausted.

An hour or so later, Harry screamed and sat up, making Louis jump. "Harry! What? What's wrong?" He panicked.

" Ear! Hurts so much Lou! Help me! " he cried.

"H...let me look love please!" He said trying to. pull Harry's hand away. He finally moved it and saw blood and pus pouring out. "

"Fuck! We need to get to hospital babe!" Louis stated and pulled Harry up and got their coats.

---

At the hospital.Harry had been assessed by a doctor who said he had a ruptured ear drum. No wonder he was in so much pain!

They were told that it wasn't serious and would heal quickly. So they sent them home again!

---

Back home, Louis made Harry comfortably on the sofa.

The ear infection was pretty horrible for Harry. He didn't like depending on Louis, but he just couldn't do anything for himself. He wax so tired. He'd lost his appetite, and lost weight. He was also sad. Louis tried his best to cheer him up, but not much worked.

---

Day four and the infection was clearing up. The discharge had just about stopped and the pain wasn't so bad. He had managed to go a whole day awake too. The best thing was, now he was feeling better, he was feeling a bit happier too.

His appetite had come back, swallowing wasn't as painful.

He was most grateful for Louis help. He couldn't have got through this without him.

Hope this was ok

All the love xxx