My Immortal

The Blue Spirit Cont.

"And if you have to leave, I wish that you would just leave, cause your presence still lingers here and it won't leave me alone." - Evanescence  

🌊 🌋 🔥 🌪

The sound of a pained groan woke Aelita up. She sat up straight, looking over at Sokka and Katara thinking it had to have come from one of them but found they were both still sleeping. She thought to herself it was probably nothing, just one of them trying to get comfortable while their bodies fought the illness. Still, the jolt had her wide awake so the firebender stood and walked to the edge of the temple room, looking out into the valley. The sun had since begun to sink below the horizon and the moon was starting to peek through the clouds. She couldn't have been asleep long but Aang had yet to return. While it hadn't been long enough for her to worry she still wished he were back already. Seeing no sign of her partner sighed and went to throw together something to eat.

Sitting cross-legged beside the fire Aelita noticed it had gone down in size. Katara and Sokka needed to sweat out their fevers so she knew she needed to keep it going for extra warmth. When she held her palm above the small fire nothing happened. No fire whatsoever came from her nor did she have any effect on the flames dancing below her hand. She didn't even feel the usual heat that seemed to course through her blood near constantly.

"What the hell?" She muttered. She tried again and again only to have the same result. Firebending was second nature to her by this point, this never happened to her.

"Aelita?" A voice croaked softly. Katara had woken up. Her voice was so quiet and hoarse that Aelita could hardly hear her.

"How are you feeling Katara?" She asked over her shoulder.

"Aelita?" The other called out again, now looking around the room.

"Are you okay?" Aelita asked this time louder in case her congestion had muffled her hearing.

"I guess she went out." Katara mustered out with a cough. "Momo, Mushu, I need water."

Great, just what Aelita needed. Katara was delirious now too and she highly doubted either creature understood her since the lemur hadn't earlier.

"Katara I'm right here," Aelita said finally standing. She turned to face her friend but was stopped dead in her tracks when out of the corner of her eye she saw her own sleeping body. Katara rolled back over and went to sleep again while Aelita was still silent in shock. The wheels in her head started to turn, connecting seeing her own body and her lack of bending ability. The only other time this had happened was when she went to the Spirit World.

"Just great." She groaned. "My friends are sick but of course, this is the perfect time to play in the spirit world."  She was busy racking her brain for a way back to her body when a movement in the shadows caught her eye. She turned on her heels and faced the open wall to the temple, looking for whatever it may have been. Moving like a phantom a flash of dark shadows moved from behind one pillar to the other. What the hell was that? Keeping her eyes on the pillars she slowly made her way to stand in front of Katara and Sokka as if she would be able to physically protect them. The shadow once again darted behind another pillar, moving closer.

"We've been trying to make contact with you for many moons now young Akira." Rasped a broken voice, nearly making her jump. It sounded old and rough, as if from someone who had spent their entire life smoking tobacco. "Yet you continue to turn us all away, even me." The voice sounded familiar, Aelita was almost certain she had heard it before but she couldn't remember exactly where.

"What are you talking about? How do you know who I am?" She asked, trying to sound calm and confident even though at this moment she wasn't at all. "Quit hiding and show yourself."