• 1. the art of loving too much •

• JUNE'S POV •
𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕤 𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕪, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕦𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕦𝕡

me
how's the internship?

missing you already! 🤧

peter💖🤪
Good! I'm having fun.

I miss you too!

me
promise me we'll FaceTime
every night? i need to know everything!

peter💖🤪
Of course!

me
Ned says hi!

we're studying haha

peter💖🤪
haha ok.
I say hi back.
Gotta go, bye!

me
Bye! Love ya!

I clicked off my phone with a sigh. He's always gonna think that when I say, 'I love you' that it's in a friend way.

"He'll never love you," it whispered. That voice. That damn voice. "Why would he love you?"

"What'd he say?" Ned asked impatiently, fiddling with his notecards.

"He says that he's having fun and that he misses us," I replied with a phony smile. "Let's get back to studying. Peter would want us to pass."

- 2 MONTHS LATER -

"Peter!" I yelled, running up behind him with my messenger bag clinging to my shoulders and my books dangling from my hands. "Peter!"

He turned around and smiled before pulling off his earphones and stuffing them into his pocket. "Hey, June!"

I finally caught up as we crossed the football field and headed into school. "Do you know if Adam from Human Geo class likes me? I have my suspicions," I asked with a grin. "Plus, Rosetta told me that her boyfriend Clint told her that Adam likes me."

"Probably," Peter replied. "Maybe. No? I don't know."

We were so into our conversation that we almost didn't notice the car coming towards us. Peter grabbed my hand and pulled my wrist tightly as a way to get us to safety.

"Wow, Peter, you're...strong!" I laughed. "When did you start going to the gym?"

Peter shook his head and turned back to look at the driver of the car.

"Sup Penis Parker!" Flash yelled, earning laughs from those around us.
L
I rolled my eyes and grabbed Peter's hand. "Come on."

"Hopefully," Peter said as we approached our lockers. It was sort of a coincidence that our lockers ended up next to each other, but I really didn't mind.

"Hopefully what?" I asked.

Peter laughed. We both opened our lockers in unison. "Hopefully he likes you."

"Oh," I responded dumbly. "Oh. Yeah. Hopefully."

"Join me and together we'll build my new LEGO Death Star."