【Chapter 46】

After a 25 minute drive we are outside of The Pembrooke "ready?" I ask looking at Toni

After a 25 minute drive we are outside of The Pembrooke "ready?" I ask looking at Toni. "I'm nervous" she replies looking at me.

I let out a chuckle "why babe?" She hits my arm "because they're like the second richest family in Riverdale and I'm about to have dinner with them." I laugh a little harder "babe you've hung out here before with Veronica. You've met my mom before what's wrong now?"

She looks at me "yeah but that was before I knew Veronica was your sister and Mrs. Lodge was your mom." I sigh "well it's not like I knew that either when we became friends with Veronica. There still the same people juuust now they're my family. And whatever you do don't call her Mrs. Lodge she fucking hates that last name now. Just call her Hermione, let's go."

She takes a deep breath "ok let's go, but I need a kiss first." I smile "brat" and give her a kiss. We get out and walk into The Pembrooke the bellman I now know is named Smithers smiles. "Nice to see you again Ms. Jones" I smile "nice to see you again too Smithers" I lead Toni into the elevator by the hand I used the key my mom gave to me on my first visit here to get to the penthouse house floor.

"Babe don't be nervous I can see it on your face" I say wrapping my arms around her waist. "I'm trying not to I've never been here meeting parents before this is new." I laugh "well you and me both babe we'll experience it together for the first time." I give her a kiss before stepping out of the elevator. I knock on the door and I hear my mom's heels getting closer to the door. I squeeze Toni's hand and smile.

The door opens and there's my mom "mija your face" she says with a frown on her face. "It looks worse than it hurts I promise" I respond. "Sorry come in" my mom smiles. "I know you two have met before but Toni this is my mom, mom this is my girlfriend Toni." My mom smiles "nice to see you again Toni, come on in the dining room" Veronica comes out just as we are about to sit down. 

"Shit Jade does that hurt?" I laugh "nice to see you too baby sis" her cheeks get red "sorry hi Jade, hi Toni" she responds giving us a hug. "And to answer your question no my face doesn't hurt, my ribs hurt the worst."

She friends "mom told me the whole story. I'm so sorry that happened to you, I'm glad that bitch is rotting in jail." She looks at Toni "shit sorry Toni" Toni shakes her head "don't be sorry I'm glad that bitch is rotting too."

My mom comes out of the kitchen "I had a chef come tonight and cook, we need to have a talk about things. How do you all like your steak?" Toni and I look at each other nervousness now hitting me. "Well done for me" Toni answers "medium well for me" I reply. A minute later my mom sits at the table.

"So let's talk about some things on my mind" my mom says looking at Toni and I. "What?" I respond "the last time I seen you two together at Pop's Cheryl was outing Jade's, our business. You were dating her weren't you?" Toni looks at me "mom before you even go on about that. There's things you need to know. Stuff I didn't even know until yesterday." My mom looks at me and folds her arms "then let's hear it." Toni begins telling my mom everything about Cheryl's blackmail.