In episode one we interview award winning middle grade author Ally Sherrick.
Ally chats about becoming a children's author, her novels Black Powder and The Buried Crown, and how she was first published. Ally also gives some fantastic advise for aspiring writers so listen out for the three Ps!
"Passionate, you have to be passionate about what you're writing... let the story grab you by the hand and tug you forward." - Ally Sherrick
Listen to the podcast on YouTube
Or go to our website activevoicepodcast.com or find us on Soundcloud and Apple Podcasts. Links in bio.
Discussed on this episode:
- The University of Winchester – MA Writing for Children
- Arvon Foundation
- Jan Mark
- Ted Hughes
- Mark Haddon – The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
- Joan Aiken
- David Almond – Skellig
- Suzanne Collins – The Hunger Games
- Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI)
- Chicken House - Publishers
- Ursula Le Guin
- Christopher Vogler – The Writer's Journey
- Joseph Campbell
- Geraldine McCaughrean – Where the World Ends
- Catherine Gilbert Murdock – The Book of Boy
Where to find more from Ally
On Twitter @ ally_sherrick
YOU ARE READING
Active Voice SeriesNon-Fiction
Active Voice is a podcast series interviewing different authors about their writing experiences. Listen for writing tips and tricks from published authors with experience of the writing and publishing process. The Podcast is perfect for fans of Chil...