Why Are You Such A Snob?

Start from the beginning

"Thanks," I said flatly, reaching out to grab the bow from his hand when he yanked it backward.

"You know if you wouldn't fall off your dragon so much, maybe you wouldn't lose your stuff." His normal bite and twinge of sarcasm was back in his tone. 

My eye twitched, of course, he wouldn't come here out of the goodness of his heart, he just had to make my life hell. "Seriously, can't you ever be nice to me for one minute?! Why does everything that comes out of your mouth have to be snobby."

Easton grimaced, a hint of surprise hiding behind the offensiveness and usual anger that he had whenever he looked at me. I guess he hadn't expected me to lose my temper so fast, but this mood had been a working process for a month and being annoyed at my dragon was helping with this. "Well excuse me, princess, it's not my fault you're a bad dragon rider and mage."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my legs over the other. "Oh wow, real original, Easton. You know not everyone is lucky enough to get a heads start at everything to do with dragon riding. Today probably wasn't even your first time riding a dragon, your parents probably had you training on some dragon when you were what, six?"

Easton folded his arms over his chest and growled, "Don't talk about my parents."

"Why?" I tilted my head, puckering my lips. Rima had pulled away from her hunt and laid down to watch my argument with the spoiled boy. She was even relaying what to say to me since we both know that comebacks aren't exactly my thing. "Because little Miss Scale-Sucker has loving parents?" The blond boy's face dropped into an expression that I had never seen. His brows knitted together, his hazel eyes fuming rage while the veins in his neck bulged.

"What did you call me?" His words were slow and deep, almost like he was trying to stop himself from lashing out at me.

"You heard me... scale-sucker." I said it again with a grin flashing even though a pit wound up in my stomach. The doubt registered in my dragon but she nudged me forwards. To keep looking confident and sure of myself, even though I felt almost bad for calling him such a cruel name.  

Scale-sucker was the highest insult you could give a dragon rider. It was given to them by mages for rolling around in the mud with their dragons while mages lived in their perfectly pristine mansions.

"How dare you call me that, you glow-worm!" He raised his voice but still trying to keep quiet.

I chuckled which only seemed to make him even more mad. "Ooo. Glow-worm, try coming up with something I haven't heard before." I told him, turning my head back to my books, trying to ignore him in hopes that he would leave. I wasn't as offended by glow-worm because a bunch of the other riders have already said it to me. Glow-worm infers a snob that runs around like a chicken with its head cut off, not knowing what to do with their abilities so they attack everything they see. I suppose it comes from something to do with the war with the Darkness. But who knows now, it's been so long since that thing has roamed this planet. 

"Uh, I don't even know how anyone can put up with you?!" Easton brought a hand to his forehead, spinning around to face away from me. "Your such a snob. I don't even know why the Headmaster even allowed you into this school."

"Maybe it's because unlike some people on this island the Headmaster actually believes in letting go of the past — you know a clean slate. Maybe you should've gone to a mage school, you would have fit right in with all the other know-it-all's." I sneered, trying to act like I was reading when I was actually just staring at the picture of a blue dragon on the page in front of me, waiting for Eastons next move.

"Me... in mage school?" He laughed, wiping the invisible tears he had away. "You must really be insane to think that I would ever be one of you snobs."