Chapter 1 - Bye, Edolas and Hello, New World

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the ground started shaking, leading Natsu to give a dumb looking, yet confused expression. "Hey, what's going on?"

"More reinforcements?" Gajeel muttered, looking around. "I hope not. I used the last of my power in that fight."

Wendy looked up in horror. "No, up there! Look!" The others looked up at the sky and saw the magic energy begins to flow from the land up to the sky, draining the land of its magic power.

"Islands are falling! What the heck!?" Natsu exclaimed.

"There is so much magic energy," Wendy said struggling to stand. Like the others, she was also are beaten up from their fight with the King.

"The magic energy is draining," Noelle breathed out, standing next to her best friend. Looking up to the dark sky, that is being illuminated by the constant flow of magic energy. Many of the floating island were now receding to the ground. Some have even crashed to the ground below.

"We need to head back to the Royal City," Wendy stated.

"Any particular reason?" Natsu asked, groaning as he stood up straight.

"Think about it. People are gonna start panicking," Noelle added, "People are gonna get hurt. There has to be something we can do to help."

"I agree with, Snow White here," Gajeel stated holding his injured arm.

"Okay, let's go!" Natsu said as he began to run towards the royal city, followed by the others. Looking up to the sky, more floating islands began to crash towards the ground. They hurried and made their journey short to the Royal city. Approaching the city, the people were in chaos everywhere. As the magic energy flowed from the fountains, lights, and fire sources. The citizens had been thrown in to a panic.

"Like I said, everyone's panicking," Noelle sighed as they arrived at the center of the city.

"There has to be something we can do," Natsu said coming to a stop next to the girl.

"We need to do somthin' quick," Gajeel stated looking at the utter chaos ensuing around the four Dragon Slayers.

"Trying to calm people won't work." Wendy said, "There's too many of them, and they are all in a panic."

More building began to crumble as pieces of floating island collide with them. People were running everywhere, trying to take shelter, or get out of the crumbling Royal City.

"Hey!" A shouts echoed behind the Fairy Tail Wizards. Turning, they saw a familiar Exceeds flying towards them.

"Hey, it's the fist pumping exceed." Noelle said as it landed on the ground in front of the four, carrying a large sack.

"We need to do something!" The black exceed shouted quickly, as it goes into a frenzy to a jumbled words as the cat pulls the four Dragon Slayers into an ally way.

"Slow down, Cat." Gajeel sighed in annoyance, "Now, what's goin' on."

"The Prince is wanting to sacrifice himself!" The cat shouted.

"The prince?" Natsu questioned.

"Yes, Prince Mystogan! He blames himself for bring Edolas to this state." The exceed stated.

"Why would he want sacrifice himself?" Noelle asked, "Shouldn't he take over Edolas as its proper King?"

"He doesn't see himself as the proper ruler." The cat spoke still fist pumping the air, "He said the ruler needs to defeat who has brought this upon the land. He feels he is the one who brought this upon the land."