"What are you doing here?" She narrowed her own eyes and snapped in reply, an American accent clearly slipping through a fake English one.

"Trying to save the world, you?"

"Yeah, well you can get inline." She scoffed, dropping the English accent completely. "And who's this?" She looked at the shell shocked blonde.

Rose stared at the two before her eyes darted down to the plastic arm in his hand. "You pulled his arm off."

"Yep. Plastic."

"Very clever." She laughed while the woman who was in the lift tilted her head at the human. "Nice trick! Who were they then, students? Is this a student thing or what?"

"Why would they be students?" The woman questioned.

"I don't know." Rose shrugged.

"Well, you said it." The man added. "Why students?"

"'Cos to get that many people dressed up and being silly, they got to be students."

"That makes sense." He smiled. "Well done."

"Thanks."

"They're not students." the black-haired woman scoffed.

"Whoever they are, when Wilson finds them, he's going to call the police."

"And who's Wilson when he's at home?" The man wearing the leather jacket asked.

"Chief electrician."

The Time Lady's face fell. "I'm sorry but Wilson's dead."

He rolled his eyes. "Sorry to bother you both but I really need to sort this out. Take her away from here."

"What do I look like?" The woman laughed. "Your tin can of a dog?"

"Oi!" He narrowed his eyes and pointed at her. "Just do it, this once."

"As long as it gets me away from you." She sighed. The three stepped out the lift and man ran up the stairs while the strange woman headed down a corridor with Rose.

"That's just not funny." Rose suddenly blurted out when the woman opened a door. "That's sick!" She shook her head. "I've had enough of this now who are you two, then and what lot down there?" The woman didn't reply and Rose frowned. "I said, who are they?"

"From what I've gathered. They're made of plastic, literal living plastic creatures, the idiot back there, 'the Doctor' as he calls himself is probably going to do something very stupid and idiotic and it wouldn't surprise me if I somehow have to save him." The two stepped outside into the cold London night. "but don't worry about me having to save big ears in there." She snorted. "I've had to do it thousands of times, it's best if you go home. Go and do whatever people do nowadays but don't tell anyone about this, because if you do, you'll get them killed and I can't have that because I'm the Protector" She smiled before mumbling more to herself than Rose. "I got to redeem myself somehow..."

Rose stared at the rambling woman. "Right."

"Wait." The Protector held up a hand. "I never caught your name, sorry."

"Rose."

"Well Rose, it was nice-"

There was a loud explosion behind them which forced them back, The Protector let out a loud word that Rose could only assume to be some kind of curse in an alien language. The Protector quickly grabbed Rose and shielded her as best as she could before her eyes widened in horror and her head snapped up to the building that had caught alight from the explosion. "No, no, no, no, no!" She shouted going to run back inside.

Fighting Against Fire [One] (The Protector Chronicles)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें