C H A P T E R F O R T Y-T H R E E

Edited**

Xavier's Pov.
[TWO DAYS LATER]

"Mr. Stephano here's the file you've asked for" my secretary Charles said while placing it on my desk.

"Thank you. You can leave now" I dismiss him and he left.

I was back at work. The truth is, I didn't want to be at work today. I wanted to spend more time with Emily but she told---correction--force me to go because she says I'll be showing a very bad example as a boss if I stay home too much.

I didn't care. I wanted to spend more time with her and nothing was gonna stop me....until....she got mad at me and I had to come to work for her to stop being mad at me.

This woman...

Anyways, I was currently in my office taking some important calls ànd was not feeling well. Ever since this morning I came to work, I wasn't feeling well. My head began to hurt and I think I have a fever but I pushed it aside and went to work.

It was already in the evening and I only had a few more minutes to go before I'm out of work. I couldn't wait to go home.

.

.

.

It was finally time to go home and I packed my stuff up before bidding goodbye to my secretary and speeding off home.

As I pulled up at my house, I parked my car and entered my house. My eyes first scanned downstairs for Emily but she wasn't there so I walked upstairs while slacking my tie.

As I entered the bedroom, my eyes spotted Emily laying on the bed while watching Tv. She snapped her heads towards me and give me a light smile before it turned into a frown.

"What?" I asked while approaching her.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yes. I have to do some work. I'll be back before bedtime" I said to her before kissing her on the forehead and leaving.

I had to complete some work before I sleep and seeing her face alone give me some more energy to go on even though I felt drained.

...

The next day I didn't go to work because I didn't think I could make it. I felt completely drained and tired.

Opening my eyes, I look to my left and saw an empty spot. She must be up.

Pushing myself up, I did my morning routine before walking downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and saw Emily cooking on the stove.

"Good morning," I said while wrapping my hands around her waist and she replied with a smile. "Didn't I tell you not to cook?"

"It's okay. I just wanted to rate my cooking" she replied while taking the bacon, that she was cooking, out and placed it on a plate.

"Let me see," I said and took a piece before eating it. It tastes delicious.

"Hey" she smacked my hands away and I chuckled.

"I would give it a 10" I respond and she smiles before cooking the rest and serving breakfast.

"So why aren't you at work today?" She asked as we both were finishing up our breakfast.

"....just don't feel like it" I lied and she shook her head before sighing.

"Are you angry with me?" I pouted and she sends a playful glare at me before saying a 'no'

"Good," I replied while smiling at her. She returned me one and damn she has a beautiful smile.

...

It was later in the evening and I was just done with my work from home. I've made a few calls and sign some contracts and also fired some people who weren't doing their job.

I was not in the mood today. My headache had gone worst and I'm completely drained to the soul.

I let out an exhausted sigh and exit my office and entered my bedroom. Emily was laying on the bed looking at the tv again. Upon seeing me, worried flash over her eyes and she quickly got up and walked towards me.

"Are you okay?" She asked concerned.

"Yes, why ask?" I asked.

"You look....sick. You should lay down--" she began but I cut her off.

"I'm fine Emily," I said to her but she still brought me to bed.
I didn't want her to worry about me.

"No, you're not. Do you see your face?! You look like a walking zombie" she said, well more like a yell.

"I can assure you I'm okay. I just need a bath. You don't have to worry about me" I said while trying to get up, only to be pushed down on the bed again by her.

"I said lay down," she said sternly while staring hard into my eyes and I found that hot.

"Emily--"

"Lay down" she cut me off while glaring at me and I silently obeyed her.

Dang, never thought I would let anyone give me instructions and here I am.

"Good. Now let me see" she said and placed her hands on my forehead. "You have a fever"

"it's nothing really. It'll go away" I said to her and tried to get up but she sends a deadly glare to me and I just decided to lay down.

"I'll be back," she said and walk to the door. "And don't even think of leaving this bed" Sighing, I lay down obediently until she was back.

She entered the room with a bowl of water and a cloth
in her hands. Setting it on the table, she points to my shirt and helped me took it off.

She wet the cloth in the bowl of water before placing it on my forehead and I jump when I found it cold. "Lay still," she said and took another cloth to wipe my body.

I watched this woman who was cleaning my skin and smiled. She's worried about me.

"drink this." She said and handed me a painkiller before handing me a glass of water.

I drank the tablet and she took the glass before standing up."I'll be back. Just give me a few minutes" she said and left again.

She came back about twenty minutes later with a bowl of soup in her hands. She carefully placed it on the table and helped me sat up---even though I could've helped myself---and dip a spoon in the soup before blowing on it and tell me to open as she placed it in my mouth.

This action continued for sometime before the bowl was empty. "I'll be--"

"Just call one of the maids to take it down" I cut her off. It's already late and she should be sleeping not doing work or looking after me.

She placed the bowl down and sat in the bed while looking at me. "Better?" She asked and I replied with a 'yes'

"Come sleep," I said while patting the empty space on the bed and she shook her head no.

"I'll sleep when you've fallen asleep," she said and I sigh at her.

"Emily....it's too late for you to be up. Do you want to have dark circles around your eyes?" I asked and she rolled her eyes at me.

"You should be worrying about yourself and not me. Now if you want me to sleep then hurry and go to sleep so I can sleep" she said and I let out a breath.

Stubborn woman...

"Okay, I'm gonna sleep," I said and lay down before closing my eyes. "Good night," I said to her.

"Good night." She replied and I drift off to sleep.

...

Hey yall!!

I'm throwing in another for my dear reader😊

Please vote and comment.

-S