☹ Chapter 3 ☹

I WANT MONEY, POWER, AND GLORY

I walked into my last period of the day, which was English.
We were assigned to our new seats and the person I sat next to wasn't here yet, probably got lost.
I was sat in the way back of the class, only a few desks away from Ashley and Aubrey.
Ashley tried whispering my name to get my attention.
When I finally snapped my head in her direction, she said "the new boy is in this class, hopefully he gets here."
I rolled my eyes, "calm down, Ashley. He's probably not even your type at all."
She chuckled, "we'll have to see, I guess."
Right before the bell rang, someone stepped into the class with just a pencil in their hand.
All I saw was curly hair, and a yellow sweatshirt.
"Hello, barely on time. So, name sir?" My teacher asked the person who I now knew was a boy.
"Dante Albidone." The boy said, while he made his way to the only seat available.
Right next to me.
'Was this the same kid from the party?' I wondered to myself, but I didn't get a good look until he sat down.
The teacher began the class and told us we would have to do a 'getting to know each other' activity in class.
I immediately got up with everyone and walked to Ashley and Aubrey.
"Holy shit, that new kid is cute." Aubrey said, but really she thought every boy was cute so it didn't surprise me.
"I met him at a party, the other day and he dropped his drink on me." I mentioned.
"So, you didn't deny he's cute." Ashley pointed out, which made Aubrey gasp.
"She likes him-" they said together, but before they could go on I interrupted them.
"Shut the fuck up and no I don't like him. Just because I didn't point it out doesn't mean I think he's attractive." I mumbled angrily.
"Jeez, calm down." Ashley said to me with her eyebrows raised.
I rolled my eyes and walked back to my seat, just to get the activity over.
As everyone sat down the teacher announced, "each
Of you tell me one thing about the person sitting next to you, that you discussed during the time I gave you."
Me and Dante looked at each other, but he took a double look at me.
"I know you, from the party. Ally right?" He whispered as the teacher got closer to us.
"Yep." The teacher was now two desks away.
"Ally?" I heard a voice call.
"Hmm?" I said.
"What did you learn about your partner?" He said.
"I learned..." I tried to get an answer from Dante.
"I play football." He mumbled under his breath.
"That he plays football." I said and mentally facepalmed myself for embarrassing myself this early in the year.
Especially, in front of the new kid.
"Say that you learned I like playing soccer or something." I responded to him.
With that, the class continued and me and Dante talked every now and then.
When the bell rang, I tried rushing out of the class with Ashley and Aubrey.
But a hand wrapped against my wrist softly, again.
'Dante.' I thought.
"Hey" He said as I turned around and let go of my wrist.
"Hey." I replied.
"I was just wondering, since you were at the other party, if you'd like to come to a party with me and my friends. You can bring your friends too." He said as we walked together to our lockers.
Ashley and Aubrey kept turning behind them to look at us.
"I mean, I don't really know a lot of people." I admitted and I didn't want a repeat of the last party.
But Ashley and Aubrey weren't like that.
"It's ok." He assured me.
"Nah, I'll come with a few of my friends." I said while smiling.
"But I need your number to give you the information." He smoothly said.
"Oh, really?" I asked while getting a pen from my binder.
He nodded, while I softly grabbed his arm and began writing my number adding a small heart and my name at the end.
"Bye, Dante. See ya around." I said once again and ran off to meet my friends.
"Bye." He waved and turned around heading towards his friends.