o n e - where it all began

WARNINGS: mentions of homophobia, cuss words

Before we begin, if anyone noticed I unpublished Thunder. I was going to make a sequel to rain (haha spoiler zach was still alive) but like i dont feel like it so that was your sequel. Anyways I have a lot of written chapters of this already so I thought why not publish this instead :)

Z A C H

"Where the fuck is it?" I mutter underneath my breath, rummaging through every drawer and cupboard in my tiny house. I slam the pamphlet of my mom's down on her sink. I close my eyes tightly and let out a groan of frustration. Once my eyes have opened, they focus on a black tube. The top is red and the word 'SCARLET' is spelled on the base. I quickly recognize is as a  tube of my mom's lipstick. I approach it and pick it up, analyzing it. I twiddle it around, the square shape dancing on my finger tips. I open it and twist it, the red stick popping up almost immediately. I stare at it, contemplating the time. "She should be home in 15 minutes.." I guess, whispering to no one in particular. I do that a lot, talking aimlessly to no one. 

I finally decide to do it. I take the black tube and bring it up to my plump, bottom lip. I swipe the red paste once, then twice, the crimson color taking over my pink lip. I then rub my lips together, the way i've seen my mom do many times before. I quickly put the tube into the pocket of my skinny jeans. I look at myself in the mirror, enjoying the way the red mixed with my brown eyes. I primp in the mirror, doing a few poses. I enjoyed the way I looked. I smiled at myself and began to do another pose, when I felt a pair of cold hands on mine. "Zachary Dean Herron, what do you think your doing?" my mom asks me. 

My throat feels like it's closing and I look down. My mom takes her fingers and wipes the red color off of my lips. "This stuff is only for gays." She whispers. I groan and remove her hands away from my face, turning around to look at her eyes. "I can do whatever the hell I want, and there's nothing wrong with being gay." I say angrily, turning on my heel and walking out the door of our small, messy apartment.

 ¤

I trudge my feet up the tall, grassy hill. I don't know where I'm going, but all I know is that I need to get away from my devil of a mom. I shiver as the cold air travels up my spine, making my previously warm body cold. When I make it ot the top of the hill, I look down and see a collection of trees, dirt and leaves. But that wasn't all. I look down to see  a curly headed boy, skating around on a skateboard. I smile to myself, and shove my hands into my pockets. I feel the square tube and pull it out, looking at it while it rests in my hands. Just looking at the lipstick made me so angry, the memories of my mom flooded through my warm thoughts about the boy with the curly hair.

Out of instinct, I raised my hand in the air and swung it forward, letting the lipstick slip out of my grasp. I let out a groan, feeling so much weight lifted off of my shoulders. Not enough, but a lot. I look down and see that the mysterious boy hadn't heard, nor seen me letting my anger go. I turn on my heel and begin the walk back to my hell hole of a house. 

But behind me, there was something I didn't see. The staring on my back wasn't just me hallucinating, but the stares of the boy with the curly hair.

 ¤

So basically i'm gonna t r y to keep this story on a regular updating schedule. Although i'm not gonna publish it until I finish Mad House. If your reading this and Mad House is still open then shoot me pls.

WC: 645

you're special ~ NF