interview

word count: 1311

your relationship with calum had recently gone public, and to put it lightly, the world had spun off its axis

your relationship with calum had recently gone public, and to put it lightly, the world had spun off its axis. for some reason, the whole thing had blown up. this was the most attention that 5sos had been getting since the release of youngblood.

it was still a bit crazy to you that you were dating calum hood. it'd been about a year of you two being together, but you were still a little star struck. you were only a college student, drowning in student debt while being in a serious, long-term relationship with a rockstar who toured the world and played music for a living. it was crazy. and not only to you, but his fans, too.

"order for y/n?"

you glanced up, seeing the barista holding your drink. you thanked him, taking the iced coffee and heading out the door. it was early fall in new york, your favourite season. the leaves were scattered across the streets, pumpkins and halloween decorations everywhere while a warm wind blew through your hair. it was a beautiful day, nothing could ruin it for you.

"y/n! over here!"

"y/n, is it true that you and calum are having a baby?"

"y/n, y/n! what are you wearing?"

except, maybe, that.

calum had warned you about the press. you'd gotten mobbed a few times, only while being with him though. the occasional fan would come up and say hi but other than that you were usually left alone. this was out of the ordinary.

"y/n, a picture?"

"sorry, i have to go!" you said as sweetly as possible, giving a few smiles and waves before crossing the street and getting into your car. you sighed, leaning your head back before turning on the engine. immediately, your radio began playing some shitty song and you switched channels.

"...so, how's life in new york treating you boys? calum, your girlfriend lives in town, correct? that's blown up quite a lot, hasn't it?"

you smiled, turning the volume up as you heard your boyfriend's voice.

"yeah, it's nice being back. new york has always felt like another home to us," he said, his voice smooth as silk. "and yes, it's definitely an advantage that my girlfriend lives here," he chuckled.

"you live in l.a. is it hard being so far away from her?"

"it is, yeah. she's finishing university soon though, so we're going to work something out after she graduates."

"what do the rest of you boys think about this whole situation, with calum and y/n's relationship? you haven't been in the spotlight this much since the release of your third album, youngblood."