Chapter 13

"Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men" - John.F.Kennedy

***

JAKE'S POV:

"How can you afford all these cars!" I exclaimed as I looked in the garage.

Dakoda stood there smiling and the four cars in front of her, not including the 458 Italia ferrari.

She had a matte black Audi R8, a bright green Lamborghini Huracan, a white Lexus ifa and another car that was hidden under a car tarp.

"How the hell did you even drive these all here?" I asked in utter bewilderment

"You should have seen the neighbors' faces when I drove in though. It was hilarious"  She laughed.

I was to stunned by the gorgeous cars to speak but I managed

"Can I take the tarp off?" I asked cautiously.

"Sure, just put it back on afterwards because I need that car beautiful all the time" I could she the amusement in her eyes as she watched me carefully take off the tarp and face the most incredibly amazing thing I have ever seen, besides Dakoda.

A Bugatti Veyron Super Sport in black and orange.

"Do you want to here her purr?" Asked Dakoda taking some keys out of a box that was screwed to the wall.

"Yes please" I say eagerly.

She chuckles and smiles as she unlocks it.

"Her name is Luce" Announced Dakoda as she turned the key "Short for Lucifer"

Luce roared to life and took my breathe away.

Dakoda chuckles again when she sees my face, most likely showing adoration.

"How can you afford all these cars! this is almost five million dollars!" I shout when she turns the car off.

"I don't like to mention my pay to anyone, but I earn about a million each week" She sighed.

"WHAT!?!" I looked at her in utter disbelief.

"I earn almost one million dollars a week" She repeated

"How?" I ask, quieter this time.

"I kill one person at least every day of the week except Sundays. The government needs the information safe and they will do anything to keep it that way" She sighed once again and looked extremely bothered about the conversation, so I decided to drop it.

"Which car are we taking?" I asked hopefully.

Her beautiful smile returned and she looked at the Lamborghini longingly.

"I haven't driven Diana for a while" she smiles before I quickly put the cover back on the veyron.

DAKODA'S POV: (sorry for the confusion)

We drove down the streets of Washington and got many envious looks from people passing by and walking on the street.

"Wanna get some coffee?" asked Jake over the loud music.

I had put on 'slease' by knife party (I know I am an assassin but no pun was intended). It had a cool beat to it and I like it.

I saw a Starbucks close so I quickly swerved into an empty spot and turned the car off.

"You can just wait in the car you know" Jake raised his eyebrows up at me

"I am your body guard, can't leave your side" I replied stiffly.