t w e n t y s i x

once dinner was over, zion was stuffed. and learned that he has tastebuds for anything other than cereal. once he unpacked, he fell asleep. at first, he was like, "oh, i'll just stay on the bed for a while," as i was doing some work. once i was finished, he was knocked out. i took the blankets on the bed and put it on top of him. then i took my spare blankets and slept on by beanbag chair on the side of the bed.

the next day, my mother went out with sebastian and iris for something. so, they put jax in the care of me.

"i'm taking your car then," i said to my mom before they headed out the door.

"do whatever you want lils," she glanced at me before closing the door.

"we'll pick up jax when we're done if you wanna have fun with your boyfriend," seb suggested before they started driving away.

the only people home were me, jax, and zion. both of them are still asleep, so all i could do was just snoop around the house and make some orange juice.

with the snooping, what i learned was that i'm gonna be an aunt. again. yippee. ope. twins?

"good morning," i hear from behind me, as i take a sip of my orange juice. turns out, its just zion- wait. somethings off.

"good morning," i keep on staring. damn. stop. nope. not today liliana. you are an independent woman. "please put on a shirt. and why are you carrying jax?"

"what's bad about it?" he questions. "also, i heard him from his room. you're such a bad aunt."

"my mom has security cameras," i point at the corner of the kitchen before proceeding to grab jax's yogurt. "she can be watching anytime."

"fine by me," he heads back upstairs once he settles jax in his high chair. "also can we go out today?"

"yea, but is it okay if we can stop by the mall? i never really prepared for this wedding and i just decided to go back home out of nowhere," i asked, as i fed jax.

"of course, anything for you," he yells.

after that, i changed jax, and prepared myself. i wore simple shorts with an t-shirt, since i didn't wanna go through the hassle of changing. zion insisted to prep jax, which made me so happy. i waited in the car, until zion finally came out, holding jax with his right hand, and the baby bag hanging on his left shoulder.

"you look like a dad," i giggle, as i opened the door for him

"you can call me zaddy," he smirks, before putting jax into his car seat.

"shut up," i snicker, before heading back to the front seat.

as i start up the car, i adjust the rearview mirror and turn around to see if jax was good to go. after that, it was showtime. when i drove, jax fell asleep. then zion fell asleep.

_____

"ah thank you lils! you're the best!" iris says, as she takes jax. "say bye now jax."

"bye bubba!" i blow a kiss to jax, before the drove off.

"so, where are we off to now?" zion asked, as we walked. i honestly didn't know what to do.

"do you have clothes for the wedding?" i asked, hoping he didn't.

"if a shirt and a jean jacket works, then yea," he shrugs.

"then we're gonna shop for your clothes." i grab his hand.
_____

zion's pov

though we came here in the first place for her, i guess it was for me. i just don't know what it was, but it was the moment we were in that somehow showed me something.

"what do you prefer?" she lifts up two styles of pants.

"the jogger pants, hands down," i answer. "also, with a plain white dress shirt, with a khaki color would look basic, but really nice."

"fine by me," she hands me my clothes, before heading to the area where the dresses were.

"don't wa-" i yell a bit, before i lost her in the tall racks of gowns and dresses.

as i look around and around, peeking through gaps, i get startled by the poking of someone's fingernails stabbing me in my torso.

"who the fu-" i get cut off by a bunch of older women staring towards me, and lily shushing me.

"help me pick out a dress, and don't yell out my name," she places her finger on my lips. "light blue please. follow the theme."

"yes ma'am," i gently move her hands off my face. i'm now growing on that warm vanilla scented hand sanitizer she uses all the time. hated it at first.

looking at the several racks of dresses, some seem tacky for the color that lily wants. when looking at the dresses that may have a chance, i try to imagine what-

"caleb! where are you," her voice calls out, which gives attention from everyone. "oh there you are."

"what do you," i look toward her, and see her hands are in a handful of dresses and gowns. "oh you found them."

"come on, let's try them on." she grabs my hand and drags me to the dressing room.

"4 and 2." lily says to the lady upfront of the dressing room. she takes our clothes and put them in rooms across from each other.

"if you guys have any questions, my name is haley," the lady says before going back to the front.

"z, if you need anything, tell me," she basically yells at me in the fitting room. 

"can u just shut up?" i joke, as i put on the pants she picks out.

"whatever." i can imagine her rolling her eyes.

within minutes i look at myself in the mirror. i look like a beach boy named kyle that goes surfing at the beach on his free time.

"z, can u see if this is okay?" lily knocks on my door. "the lace in the back is kind of short but altering is fine. i also wanna see how you look."

i open the door to see a gorgeous girl with her hair down and a white flower behind her ear. the way it shows her curves on top, but it's loose on the bottom. god i wish-

"nah your shirt doesn't match. can u try the dark blue version of that shirt?" she fixes my sleeve. "yea?"

"yeah. where'd you get that flower?" i question as i point at her hair.

"the hibiscus was what iris wanted the family members to wear. i know i'm not a bridesmaid, but we're still dress code." she rolls her eyes as she adjust the hibiscus. "so this is a good dress?"

"yeah. wait." i grab my phone and lead her to the mirror. "let's take a picture."

"oh wow. i never thought i'd hear zion kuwonu say something like that." she looks at me as i open the camera on my phone.

i put my arm around her as she throws a peace sign and puckers her lips. i do the same and take the candids.

"these are the right outfits. just change your shirt." she pats my chest as she walks away. ouch.
____________

author's note

i literally had no plan for this part, so double updates! also i've been inactive since school started. but i promise i'll do my best in updating.