Chapter 27

The teachers watched in horror as the building collapsed and they heard the broken scream of the little girl. She tried to run back into the building, but another teacher held her back.

"It's okay sweetheart. You can't go in there. You'll get hurt." Camryn just struggled against the teachers grip.

"No! I need to help daddy! He saved me, so I need to save him." Everyone just watched as the flames grew and tears began to fall from their eyes. All of a sudden Ironman, black widow, and Bucky Barnes rushed towards the building. Camryn ran up to Tony and gripped his legs.

"Where's Peter, Cam?" Camryn pointed to the building shakily as she let out a heart wrenching sob. Bucky quickly ran to the building and began to toss the materials out of the way. Tony looked at the building in horror before he handed Camryn to Natasha. She kept the girl facing away, not wanting her to see Peter when they find him. Bucky is on the verge of tears while Tony is already crying lightly. Tony let's out a sob when he sees his boys face. Bucky looks away at the sight and covers his mouth to hide his own sobs. The boy is bloody and bruised and has a lot of burn marks on his skin.

"Peter! Peter. You gotta- you gotta wake up underoos. Open your eyes Pete." When Tony didn't get a response, his panic grew. He told Friday to check his vitals.

"Peter seems to be unconscious with many broken bones and his pulse is slowing." Tony picks Peter up and makes his way to the tower.

"Friday, tell Bruce to get the med bay ready."

"Already done boss." Tony has never been faster in his life.

On the ground, Camryn is sobbing into Natasha's shoulder as tears fall out of her own eyes. Bucky leaned against a building, slowly sliding down until he was sitting. He hides his face in his knees as he covers his head with his hands.

"Is daddy gonna be okay, Ms.Natasha?" Natasha didn't know for sure, but she couldn't say that to the girl. She just smiled at Camryn sadly.

"Of course Cam. He's Spider-Man."
—at the tower—
As soon as the others heard what happened to Peter, something broke. Wanda began to cry, thinking about Pietro and how she might be losing another brother. Sam was filled with guilt because of all the times he was mean to the kid. And then he reminded himself that the kid wasn't dead yet, so the guilt changed to fear at the word yet. Clint's father instincts kicked in as tears fell from his eyes, the same with Scott. Steve was trying to stay strong for everyone, but a few tears slipped down his face. Bruce let a few slip himself before he switched into doctor mode. The kids not gone.

Yet...

~~~~~~~~
A/N: Oof, am I right?
~Grace