Ⅶ- Dirty Fight At The Auditorium

I PURSED my lips as I walked towards the detention room with a frown on my face. I hate this, I hate detention and I hate Marcus. I hate both detention and Marcus.

When I finally reached the door, I exhaled a sharp breath and knocked thrice. I stood still and waited for someone to answer the knock, but hearing nothing, I twisted the door knob and pushed the door open.

Seeing no detention guy or Marcus, I thought happily, that probably there won't be detention for today. I was about to turn around and go home, when I saw a big note taped on the teacher's desk.

It is written in big bold letters saying 'DETENTION WILL BE HELD IN THE AUDITORIUM. GO THERE OR ELSE, YOU'LL HAVE ONE WEEK ADDED TO YOUR DETENTION'.

Held? What is this a tournament? And why in the auditorium?

I closed the door, turned around and walked away from the room. I walked around the campus and wondered once more, where the hell is the auditorium?

I'm not an airhead, don't get me wrong, but this campus is huge. Literally Huge. Yeah, but your arrogance is bigger, my subconscious snapped. Oh shut up. What do you know?

After a few minutes, I finally found the auditorium (by some miracle). I opened the door and was welcomed by the cold air coming from the big ac inside.

"And finally she arrives!" Marcus exclaims, enthusiasm oozed in his voice.

My brows crossed and I eyed him suspisciously, shoving the thought of how amazing his smile is on the back of my mind. Something is up with this jerk. He shouldn't be this happy to see me.

"Come on in, Ms. Hale, join us in cleaning the auditorium." The detention guy vaguely gestures at the whole auditorium with a smug grin on his face.

"Clean?" I raised a censorious eyebrow. Is he serious? Clean this? This huge auditorium?

I looked around and gave the detention guy a you've got to be kidding me look.

He just looked at me then raised his bushy eyebrows and nodded. He pointed to the piled up rags and mops, indicating that I go and start to clean, but I just stood there and gaped at the cleaning tools as if it's something unholy.

"Uh, look nerd, I know this is hard for you, since you know, you're an idiot, but, you gotta help me." Marcus said, practically spitting the word idiot at me.

I shot him a deadly look and the jerk just winked at me. What an ass.

I grabbed a broom and started sweeping at the front row whilst singing lowly the song from finding nemo—the part where Dory lost the mask and they went to the bottom of the dark ocean.

Stopping, I frowned. Wait are the lyrics right? I tried to recall the movie Finding Nemo, is it supposed to have the 'just keep' three times? Or was it four?

"Are you singing Dory style?" Marcus asked with amusement in his eyes. I brushed him off and he snorted. He sat down on the chair infront of me, blocking my way.

"Fu—"

But before I could tell him to fuck off, he squished my lips with his point finger and shushed me like a kid.

"A , a, a." He wagged his finger infront of my face as if I was a naughty school girl. "Remember best behavior or we'll have two more weeks added."

I groaned. I knew he was right, damn it, for once the jerk said something right. He looked at me with a smug smile plastered on his face before leaning and winking again.

I quickly turned away to hide my blush. Why is he so damn attractive?

After I swept, the detention guy asked me to put the music books into the shelf at the back. What the hell is this guy trying to do? Kill me? The music books are at the stage, which is in the front and the freaking shelves are at the back. I muttered the word 'a hole' as I tried to stack the books into five.