001

Kaiden and Kya had been thick as thieves since they were in diapers!! Their mamas being the best of friends, so close they were practically sisters, so when they came to learn of the budding relationship their offspring had as soon as they could speak, move even, they were ecstatic.

Although at first their love seemed rather one sided, Kya playing hard to get with Kaiden forever chasing after her just to be denied or giggled at. But as the two got older, the mamas could see it developing into more as the years went on, and they couldn't have planned it better themselves. Neither of them surprised when they finally came to them to tell them.

"So... Kai tells me you're talkin bout leavin again" Aunty Joy grimaced as Kya's emerald eyes rolled. "Eh! It was to be expected!! You are ya mamas daughter after-all..."

Setting down her drink, Kya bowed her head

Setting down her drink, Kya bowed her head. "There is nothing here Aunty! I don't get how he doesn't see it..." she sighed, sinking in her chair.

"I pray to Jah you make the right choice if not for you and Kaiden, then you and bubba..." Joyce jumped at the look of death Kya had shot her way.

"How?- ... Mama!" She growled. "You're- you, umm...."

"My lips are sealed." Joyce smiled as she squealed in excitement. "Surprised he hasn't figured it out by now!!" She beamed looking her niece up and down as Kya scowled, her arms crossed over her torso in a strop.

"He's busy running around the island, or whatever else he gets up to, wait.... What's dat supposed to mean?!" Kya scowled her way, snarling her lip just like her mama did.

"Nothin!... You're just how your mama was with you!" She giggled to herself before kissing Kya on the forehead. "Make tha right choice though, I know you will..."

Kya exasperated as her Aunty left, how could her mama tell her Aunty! Kaiden's mama at that... She should've trusted her gut and kept quiet until she spoke with Kaiden.

Kya almost in tears, as she thought, her mind going a million miles an hour since being pregnant. She knew there was no way Kai would go to America with her, and she definitely knew there was no way she was being trapped on this island... But now with his seed growing rapidly in the comfort of her belly, she was so conflicted. He didn't know, and she intended on keeping it that way until he agreed to go with her.... Not sure what she was going to do if that time didn't come. She knew she wasn't giving up this baby, even if she was to go to America and raise the baby by herself.

Kya's vision of being free was now clouded. This baby throwing everything she had planned out of proportion. Complicating things way more than leaving the love of her life and family. She sighed, dropping her head into her hands.

"Hey you okay summertime?" Kaiden furrowed his eye brows as he placed himself at the end of her sun lounger, rubbing her legs as she composed herself from behind her hands

"Hey you okay summertime?" Kaiden furrowed his eye brows as he placed himself at the end of her sun lounger, rubbing her legs as she composed herself from behind her hands. Nodding, he frowned at her. "You sure?"

"I'm good baby... How was- how was the show?" She placated a smile on her face, hoping that it would convince him enough.

"You know... The usual." He seemed off, she sat up closer to him to study him. She had such a good grasp on everything that was him, he, on the other hand had his head far too in the clouds to read into her too much.

"Mhm, and have you thought about America?" She asked curiously, massaging his nape as he sighed.

He nodded. "That's all I've been thinking about..." he groaned, running his hand down his face in the same manor he did every time.

"I'm serious this time baby, I'm going come hell or high water..." she sighed, grabbing his hands as she played with them.

"I know, and that's what's scaring me.."

"I handed in my notice this morning, so in four weeks time is when I plan on being gone, and I hope you're with me." She sighed as his head dipped lower, feeling the need to wrap him up in her arms, that's exactly what she did. Climbing onto his lap, just to have him that little bit closer. "I love you Kaiden, I can't imagine doing- doing this without you... I- I need you with me, please!" Kissing up on his face, as her hands cupped his cheeks.

Moving her hands away, he sighed. "But that won't stop you."

"What?" Sitting back, she pouted.

"It won't stop you going if I don't come, you say you need me but you don't! I'm sorry Kya I just- I just don't believe that you can't or won't do this without me... That's what hurts bebe." He sighed as she fell into him, his arms wrapping around her. If only he understood....