Arc 2.4

Stretches I've been sitting on the same chair for three hours writing this chapter. I had planned to update later , but as always excitement got the best of me. It's a pretty chill chapter so I hope you like. 

Chapter unedited..... again

Enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the practice Xie Li and Min Lan had, they decided to make it a daily activity, after waking up, eating breakfast and working the garden, they would train for three hours. Neither of them getting tired but still had to stop and have lunch and continue with their other responsibilities. Of course, Min Lan notice how strong Xie Li was, he didn't seem like the man she picked up, she has also noticed how his eyes changed from time to time, like a man who has killed before. Most of the time when she thinks about that she just shrugs, if he ever wanted to kill her, he had plenty of opportunities. A pretty carefree thought on her part but that's Min Lan.

When she thought that the second prince was taking his time to contact her, the messenger appeared. This time he didn't look as annoyed as the last time, he even brought money this time. "Seems everything went well," Min Lan said taking a sip of her tea, which she soon regretted, she didn't like tea, but it made her image better.

The messenger nodded proudly, "Thanks to your information we stopped the plans the seventh prince had against the lord", Min Lan hid her smile by putting the teacup close to her mouth. In the memories the original had, she heard how the crown prince had found the plans of the seventh prince and had gotten rewards. The emperor made the second prince thank the crown prince, which for him was like losing face. So, it wasn't hard to turn the tables, if the second prince became just a bit happy about this, she was free from another day of questioning and was going to get rewarded. She had two years' worth of memories, important events that could help her till she was out of the second prince's claws.

"That's good, I'm sorry it had nothing to do with the crown prince though", The messenger shook his head disappointed. "Truly it didn't, but the lord is still very satisfied. The emperor gave him all the possessions which belonged to the seventh prince, including properties and so on" The messenger kept on talking as if the things were for him, well maybe he was rewarded very handsomely as well. "Thank me and call me your mother from now on", Min Lan kept that in her heart.

"Now, the second prince would like to know something more, this time that does truly relates to the crown prince", the messenger cleared his throat and said. A sharp light appeared in his eyes. Min Lan didn't spare him a look and just took a piece of the cookies she had sent Xie Li to buy. Seeing her stalling, the messenger's patience started acting up but before he could say anything Min Lan talked, "Two servants, that's what I need. There's no one to cook here, just me... the house is hard to clean as well. My poor hands will soon stop being smooth" She said, her eyes moist under the candlelight. The messenger squinted, "Done, just say"

Min Lan smiled seeing the messenger leave, she stretches her small body and walked to the porch. It was cold and windy, "Winter is coming" Her face serious until she couldn't hold the laugh. Xie Li, who had been grilling some potatoes looked at her confused, he could never understand her. "Prepare the rooms at the left side of the house, we'll have some people tomorrow", she ordered Xie Li while a yawn escaped her lips. The man nodded, he knew that apart from not understanding her, he could never doubt her orders. Like the time when he was going to buy wine from a famous new shop and Min Lan didn't let him go, made him do many chores, and stupid errands. Two days later many people got sick, some even died. He had looked at Min Lan surprised but the latter just kept drinking her tea calmly.

Just as Min Lan said, two people came. A young woman, around eighteen or nineteen and a man, around twenty-three or so. The girl, Bao Bai was assigned to the kitchen and cleaning, the man, Zou Tu was left in charge of the garden and cleaning. Xie Li could help from time to time but he was mostly left to serve Min Lan, he would do the errands since he could jump the wall. At first, the new additions were bad-tempered, if they weren't doing their work, they won't talk and tried to avoid. Maybe angry to be put to work in the cold palace, even so, Min Lan didn't mind, if her food wasn't poisoned, her stuff didn't go missing and the house was kept clean everything was okay. She wasn't going to get along with people who didn't want her.