Chapter 11: Taking Inventory

Start from the beginning

Mercury: "Actually, we want to fight... both of them." He points to you and Pyrrha.

Glynda: "I'm sorry, but they just finished a match. You'll have to pick another opponent."

Y/N: "Actually Professor, I'm good for another round. Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha: "Yes, Ill do one more."

Mercury and Emerald come down to the arena with their weapons. Mercury seems to fight unarmed and Emerald fights with a pair of sickles.

Glynda: "And... begin!"

Mercury charges Pyrrha with a series kicks to Pyrrha's shield while Emerald starts slashing at you. You block with your sword and unleash some strikes of your own.

Pyrrha's not having too much difficulty with Mercury and you're not having too much with Emerald. Something's not right. You see Pyrrha use her semblance to move his boots just off of their target and you see Mercury notice. You get into position.

Y/N: "Getsuga Tenshou!"

You release a wave of black energy at Emerald, but she dodges.

Emerald: "Were you even trying to hit me?"

Y/N: "Nope." The wave hits Mercury, knocking him on his back.

As Emerald looks at her injured partner, you get behind her and put your blade to her throat.

Mercury: "We give up."

Y/N (thoughts): 'Hmm... I was right. Looks like they just wanted to gather information. But why? And who?'

Pyrrha: "You're just giving up?"

Glynda: "Well, maybe next time you should think about choosing your opponents more seriously."

Emerald: "Don't worry, we will. Come on Merc."

Mercury: "Good fight you two."

Glynda: "That is all for today. Remember everyone. The dance is this weekend, but you have your first mission on Monday. Y/N, a word in my office.

Y/N: "Uh oh, I'm in trouble."

You follow her back to her office while everyone else goes to the dorm.

Glynda: "Close the door please."

You close the door and she comes up to you.

Glynda: "You were holding back against Ms. Nikos, weren't you? And against those other students."

Y/N: "What can I say? I wanted to test a new technique against Pyrrha and those other two didn't seem like they were fighting for real. Something's up with them. I'm gonna-"

Glynda pulls you in for a kiss, her lips crashing into yours. When you release you catch your breath.

Y/N: "Wow Glynda. I didn't know that's what you called me in for."

Glynda: "Yes well, it's hard to be alone for us and I don't feel comfortable with the other girls around since they're my students."