My Tearsoaked Heart *{1}*

Start from the beginning

As Kelly noticed my gentle gaze she turned her head slightly, smiling. I smiled back as I looked over them. My family. The three people in my life who were always there for me, ready to love and support. They were my life and I would always love them with every part of my heart.

I ran up the grey pathway, my shoes creating loud thumps with each step. As I reached them I began to jump up and down in excitement.

"Come on! Open the door!" I squealed, sounding like a four year old girl.

They all laughed at my childish actions and mum pushed the key into the door hole. She slowly twisted it, making my excitement grow, knowing she was doing this on purpose.

"MUM!" I shouted.

She chuckled, "Okay, okay. Hold your horses."

She finally pushed the door open, making it creak against its hinges due to the lack of use over the three years we had been gone. We all filed through, currently in the entrance hallway, taking in the environment that we used to live in. A doorway to the left led to our living room, filled with black leather couches. A rectangular coffee table sat on the cream carpet in the centre of the room and a small chandelier hung proudly above it.

I flicked the light switch, making the chandelier slowing gain its full final glow since it hadn't been used for a long time. The fireplace was up against the wall opposite me and I could just imagine the blazing fire that would warm us up during the cold winters while mum and dad told us scary stories.

I slowly roamed the room, running my hand over the smoothness of the couch backs, thinking of the memories in this room. I glanced down at my hand and noticed the light collection of dust and I wiped it across the front of my denim blue jeans. This is going to take a lot of cleaning up, I thought as I screwed up my nose at the fact of countless days of cleaning.

The others had gone to explore the house and I was glad, wanting to explore it too. I walked out of the living room and down the hallway. I stalked up the wooden stairs and stood outside my former bedroom's door.

Taking a deep breath I turned the bronze doorknob and pushed it open, revealing my lavender painted room. I took a step, my shoes quiet against the soft, white carpet that spread across my room floor like water. I observed my room. A pair of glass double doors directly across from where I was standing, lead to a small balcony and were sided with yellow curtains. My queen size bed was covered in white Egyptian cotton bed sheets with matching pillowcases against the left side of my room. A yellow blanket was cascaded over the bed, looking like the sand at the beach.

I did a little run up towards my bed and jumped onto it, laughing and sighing contently. I missed my room. It was my little haven that was always peaceful and just my place to get away from things. Speaking of peaceful.

I sat up and glanced across from me and saw my black baby grand piano sitting there, begging to be played. I loved music and could play the piano and guitar. Though what was better than both of them combined was singing. I felt as if I showed my true emotions when singing my heart out. It was my dream. To one day share my feelings with the world through my singing and my songs.

I sauntered over to the piano and sat down on the black leather piano stool. I ran the fingertips of my hand across the white keys of the piano; the slickness was cool underneath my touch. I slowly closed my eyes, letting my hands bolt across the keys, filling the air with a happy tune. I had missed my piano that I decided to name Lucy. Always here for me and offering to make me feel better. I came to the end of the song and lifted my hands of the keys gracefully before placing them on my lap.

I thought about the last time I had been here before we had moved. My dad had been offered a high job at the CEO Company three years ago though it was in Miami. He accepted the offer after consulting me and mum and we moved to Miami. The company offer included a one story house with interior furniture to live in as long as he worked that same position. Just as a back up we didn't sell our old house just in case he decided it was too hard or he retired.

We lived there for three years before my father quit. He had always been arguing with the other staff because they never listened to his ideas since they thought they were superior to him. They took the house and we happily moved back to New York.

I had always hated living in Miami because everything that was ever good in my life was here in New York. My piano was one of the many things that I had to leave behind. Though I was back where I wish I could stay for the rest of my life. New York, the City of Lights and my home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it!!

I'll post alot on this story since I have to do it so quickly!

I hope you love the book cover as much as I do cause it took me forever to do it! It's my favourite one so far.

Comment, Vote and Fan! If you want! :D

~ Mary ~ :)