Chapter 9

"Again? My brother is going to become suspicious!" I groaned as he followed me inside the house.

"It's not like we're going to do anything. Unless you want to do something, which I would be all up for by the way," he quickly added and I threw a couch cushion at him.

"Kidding! Jesus," he muttered heading towards the kitchen to grab some snacks. We headed up stairs to my room.

"I'm going to shower first so I can wash all the makeup off my face. Then we can watch a movie or whatever," I announced and began to walk across the hall to my bathroom.

"Yeah good idea, I should shower too," he said following me in.

"Nice try, the other bathroom is down the hall," I told him throwing an extra towel at his face and closing the door.

"Hey can't blame me for trying!" I heard his muffled voice and rolled my eyes. I took a nice, long shower making sure to scrub all the makeup and hair products away. I felt normal once again and I've never been happier to be in shorts and an old tank top in my entire life. Whoever invented high heels had a serious obsession with blisters because that's all they seem to do.

"Hurry up Charlee, I'm going to start the movie!" I heard Eric yell from the bedroom. I quickly wrapped my hair into a towel and rushed to my room. He is so NOT allowed to start  X-men without me.

In my room Eric had already pressed play to the movie and was calmly munching on popcorn. I would've totally kicked his ass for doing that if it wasn't for the fact that he was completely and utterly shirtless on my goddamn bed! His chest still had a few droplets of water from his recent shower and his coal black hair was messy.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer," he said smirking. I scowled at him.

"Yeah maybe I will," I said taking my phone out and taking a picture of myself.

"Do you want me to send it to you?" I asked him returning the smirk.

"Why would I want a picture if I have you right here in person?" he said winking and sending me his signature lopsided smile.

"Real smooth Eric. I would be blushing except I'm still mad at you for pressing play before I got here," I told him as I sat down on the bed grabbing a handful of popcorn.

We continued to watch the rest of the X-men movies and I convinced him to put on a shirt because my brother would definitely not approve of a half naked boy on my bed and I'm pretty sure I would have a lot of explaining to do if my partner 'suddenly' went missing.

"Charlee I'm home! And I brought food!" I heard George yelling from downstairs. I quickly paused the movie and jumped out of the bed causing a half asleep Eric to jolt awake.

"I brought pizza and hot wings," he pointed to the island where the food was calling me or more specifically, my stomach.

"Hey George," Eric greeted my brother.

"What's up Eric?" George asked giving Eric one of those guy hugs. I don't ever think I will understand how guys work but to be honest I don't think I want to.

"I don't mind you chilling here whenever you want but just remember that if you hurt my little sister, I have people who can make you disappear and make it look like an accident," my brother reminded him in all seriousness.

"Duly noted," Eric replied quickly glancing at me.

"Um hello? Am I the only one here who knows that we're not dating!?" I exclaimed looking between them.