| 008; e i g h t.

[ ARDEN ]

[ 09.28.1976 ]

[ t h i r d p e r s o n ]

[ unedited ]

the talk of the day was about the gryffindor versus slytherin game that afternoon

the talk of the day was about the gryffindor versus slytherin game that afternoon . all of hogwarts was dressed in their appropriate colors of the school. they were either wearing red and gold, green and silver, yellow and black, or blue and white, depending on their house; a lot of the students in hufflepuff and ravenclaw were wearing either red or green, depending on who their were rooting for. arden, for one, was dressed in her favorite black skirt and crimson top, ready to cheer her team on.

"well don't you look cute," said andrew, trotting beside her on her quest to breakfast. classes had been cut short today and she had two free periods, so she only had to go to about half of her usual classes.

"why thank you, sir," she said in a posh voice, stopping to curtsy, then laughed.

"it's good to see that you're in a good mood today. i couldn't bear your being angry and sad all week. again," he admitted to her.

"yeah, me too. there's just been a lot going on lately. it has been quite stressful if i do say so myself."

arden wasn't lying. with school and these new people talking to her, she had grown quite anxious. she didn't know when she might run into them next or when her next pop quiz in her new classes would be. and with all of this going on, she hadn't had much time to herself to relax or talk to her close friends. she was ready for winter break, so that she could sleep in the beautiful castle that is hog warts and have a majority of the school to herself. she had always loved the majestic beauty of the school. it was so unique and warm and welcoming. she absolutely loved everything about it.

"OI JAMES WAIT FOR ME!" sirius black hollered, interrupting arden's thoughts chasing after the bespectacled boy.

well, almost everything about it, she thought to herself. she watched as the boy stumbled forward, taking his place beside his best mate casually, as if nothing happened. arden laughed to herself, shaking her head at the teenage boy walking in front of her.

"today's the day, pads," she overheard james say.

"don't you say that every other day?"said remus. she hadn't even noticed him walking on the other side of james.

"i have a feeling this time— a really good feeling. i don't know what it is or what it means, but i know it's good. i just hope she finally says yes."

she knew what he was talking about. james potter was going to ask lily evans to be his girlfriend for the nth time. he had asked her every week for the past 5 years, and you could tell that the boy was truly, madly, deeply in love with her. everyone knew it, i mean, how could you not see it? the look in his eyes he got every time he saw her or heard her name or thought about her just gave it all away. and she loved seeing that in guys. she really hoped his good feeling would turn out to be true and help his for everyone's sake.

she made her way to her defense against the dark arts class in the dungeons. as she walked in to take her seat, she noticed something rather odd. professor allyn was not in class. in his 48 years of teaching, he had never, ever missed a day of classes. ever. something was definitely wrong and she could sense it. she listened around to her class mates as they chattered about the quidditch game. of course other students wouldn't notice. 15 year olds could care less about their surroundings, to be honest. arden knew, though, that the gossip of mr. allyn being absent would get around quickly.

mr. allyn had always been arden's favorite teacher. there was one time in 2nd year when he found arden crying in the library over slughorn's assignment, and he helped her out. he treated her like a daughter and she always enjoyed going to his classroom to read when things began getting hard. there was a time in her life where she was so angry all the time and her parents told her it was hormones, but she knew better. she had always been a very intelligent child, knowing things before she could quite understand them. questions were arden's absolute favorite thing when she was younger. now, she only asked them when her anxiety was particularly bad. mr. allyn would offer her pie and pumpkin juice to ease her mind. apple pie was her favorite.

note to self: investigate mr. allyn's absence.

<>|<>|<>

the quidditch game started after lunch, since this was one of the biggest school rallies at hogwarts. andrew pointed out remus, who had his nose stuck in a book. she subtly shook her head at andrew, silently screaming "NO!" but of course, the charming boy did not listen. he gave her a push and she stumbled down the row. she stood in front of remus, trying to count to 10 and compose herself as he greeted her.

"hello, arden. what are you doing here?" he smiled.

"oh i always love coming to their games and practices. it's a very intriguing game," she told him.

"that it is, my dear friend."

then, as the whistle blew, she saw andrew making his way over. this certainly would not end well.

"how are you two love birds doing?" he quipped with a smirk. she wanted to slap that smirk off in such a manner then she would be into detention for a month.

"ah, we're having a fine conversation, how about you, mr. mc—"

"oh my god."

arden watched the scene unfold on the field as the infamous beater tackled the bleach-blonde slytherin boy. sirius threw punch after punch, even though james tried holding him back. he was beyond pissed, and that much she could see from 500 feet away.

"shit," arden muttered, getting up. she wasn't sure why she was going over there, but she wasn't the only one going to his aid. ivory trotted not far behind her, and she wasn't pleased, to say the least. "ivory you alright there?"

"he always has to go and do something bloody stupid," the girl huffed.

they ran onto the field, the fight still trying to be broken up by teachers and students alike, but nothing was working.

"SIRIUS BLOODY BLACK!"

his head snapped up at his girlfriend, eyes wide. "no no no you stay away from me— pUT YOUR BLOODY HAND DOWN! GERROFFME!"

"well this turned out to be quite the show, didn't it." arden whipped her head around to face the bespectacled boy that was speaking to her.