It had been a normal day. Well, for us at least. We had found nothing today. Five just worked more on his equations. I wish could help him with that, but he's ten times better than me at math.

All I had eaten today was old cereal and fruit snacks. The cereal was scorched and the fruit snacks had melted together to make one brown gummy which tasted nasty. But, we we're running out of better food so I'll take anything I can get my hands on.

I sat down on a blanket laid out on the ground, Delores next to me. Five was still working on his equations.

"I'll stop in a minute! I just need to finish one more!" He shouted, not taking his eyes of the wall where he wrote in chalk.

"Okay, just take your time!" I replied. 

I played with the laces on my shoe before turning to Delores. It didn't seem weird talking to a mannequin anymore. She feels like a real best friend. I know it sounds insane, but it's true. "Delores, can I ask you something?"

........

"So, I just have really been thinking about everything that has happened. I know Five and I have kind of agreed not to talk about it but-" I started to get choked up. "We need to talk about it. I need to talk about it. I just feel worse every single day." My eyes started to water. "I feel all this pressure building up inside me. All the emotion, pain, stress, sadness. My question is, do you think I should talk with Five?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I will-" I stopped. Did I just hear someone say "yes?" I turned around and saw Five standing behind me.

"Yes, we need to talk about it." He said sitting down in front of me. "I feel the same way. Each day goes by, and it gets worse and worse and worse. I wanted to talk to you about it but I didn't want to make you upset."

I grabbed his hand. "Well, let's talk."

We talked about everything. Our siblings, our home, everything. By now, I was a crying mess and Five was watery eyed. I had suppressed how I felt for a while and finally I poured my heart out.

"I'm just really scared." I sobbed, wiping my nose. "I try and act like everything is going to be okay, but I don't know if that's the truth."He wrapped me in a tight hug, his hand against the back of my head."And I try and act like we're going to find a way to fix everything and that we'll get to see everyone again. But I, I just don't know." I sobbed into his shoulder.

"Y/N," he said pulling my head off his shoulder, and looking me in the eyes. "I will not stop until we get back. We will get back."

"I just wanna go home." I cried looking down. I felt his hand tilt my chin back up. I looked up at him again. 

He stared back at me. But, I noticed his eyes flicker to my lips. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. His face came closer and he tilted his head to the side. I did the same.

_______

Klaus POV

It was now just Vanya and I. I knew things weren't go well, but I tried to stay optimistic. After the whole thing that happened with Ben, I just stayed in my room all day.

Earlier I found an old tennis ball in the back of my closet, and I had been throwing it against the wall and catching it. I also tried reading a book, but that lasted two minutes. Finally, I decided to talk to the dead. Sometimes I liked to just sit there and here their stories. They would tell me how they died, different adventures they had, how they met the love of their life. It was interesting. Sometimes, I was even able to conjure famous people.