Chapter 18

The loud sound of ringing, made Yenon jolt awake. She groans and rubs her face. She rolls over and reaches out for her phone. She grabs it and answers it without even checking the caller ID. "Hello?" She sighs, yawning. "Hey, Yenon. I'm sorry if I woke you." A familiar voice filters from her phone. She quickly sat up. It was her ex. Damon. Her heart dropped at the sound of his voice. She felt sick. His smooth voice filled her ears. She didn't want to admit it to herself but.. she missed it. "H-hey. What's up? You never call me." Yenon says, laughing softly. "I know. I um.. I was maybe wondering if you.. wanted to meet up in a bit? At our old spot." Damon asks. "Oh, um.. s-sure. What time?" Yenon says, gripping the phone. "In about 10 minutes. If that's okay? I have something I want to talk to you about." He tells her. "Yeah! Sure. I'll.. see you in 10 minutes, then." Yenon smiles. "Cool. See you then." He says. They both hang up.

Yenon sat there for a second, until it hit her on what she just did. She widens her eyes. "Oh my god!" She suddenly gasps out and covers her mouth. What did she just agree to?! She grabs her phone and goes to her contacts. She calls one of the numbers and puts the phone to her ear. She gets out of her bed, pacing the room, with her hand over her mouth. There was a click on the other end, signaling that the person had picked up.

"Hello?"

~~~
There was an awkward and tense silence coating the air. Yenon sat at the table, chewing her lip. Her ex, Damon, was sitting across from her. He was looking between her and the man that was sitting next to her. He noticed that the man was sitting close to her. Dangerously close. Their arms were even touching. Damon felt uncomfortable under the gaze of the man, who was glaring at him. He guessed Yenon had told him what he had done to her. Damon cleared his throat. "So, um.. Yenon." He says, scratching the side of his jaw. Yenon looks at him across the table. "Y-yes?" She manages to get out. She was gripping her cup so tightly, her fingers were turning white.

Damon clears his throat again, before speaking. "I wanted to see if.. you would take me back..." He says to her. She looks at him and frowns at the mere mention of being with him again. "Wait. Hold on." The second man suddenly said. Yenon widens her eyes. Oh, crap. Damon looks at the man sitting next to her. He wasn't that much younger than him and Yenon. Around 20. Maybe 21. But, he seemed to give off a really.. dangerous vibe. He puts his hand on the table and gives Damon a look, that made him lean back some. "Did you seriously.. just have the nerve to.. ask MY girlfriend to get back with you?" Minho says. His voice was dripping with venom. Damon widens his eyes. "Wh-what? G-girlfriend? B-but she... She isn't even that... Um.." Damon stops himself from speaking any further and looks away.

Yenon sat there, processing what Minho had just called her. Girlfriend? She knew what he was doing, but it surprised her either way. "What? What were you going to say? Were you going to say my girlfriend wasn't that attractive? Do you even realize who you're talking to right now?" Minho asks, his voice raising. Damon laughs nervously and gets up quickly, his chair falling to the floor. He scrambles to pick it up. Minho stands up as well. Despite being a bit younger than Damon, he gave off a very intimidating aura. "Where do you think you're going? Don't you dare run away." He snaps and grabs Damon by the jacket. The ex lets out a yelp.

Yenon suddenly gets up and grabs Minho's jacket sleeve. "N-no! Minho... it's okay. He isn't worth it." She says to him. He only ignored her and kept a hold on Damon. He glares at him, causing the boy to whimper and shake in fear. Yenon had to think of something. It looked like Minho was ready to murder him. And knowing exactly who he was and what he was capable of, she knew he'd do it. She couldn't let that happen. It was bad enough him and the others were already wanted by the law. If a fight broke out, this would make it worse. It would bring attention, which would bring people with their phones to record it. Then, it would end up on the internet. It was too risky. After thinking for a second and chewing on her lip, Yenon got an idea.

She puts one of her hands on Minho's shoulder and the other on his arm. She gets on her tip toes, since he was taller than her. "It's not worth it. It's too risky. If a fight happens, it might be recorded and end up on the internet. You don't want that." Yenon tells him softly. That had an almost instant reaction. Minho finally looks at her. After a second, he suddenly shoves Damon away from him. The poor guy falls and hits the floor, grunting. "Let's go." Minho says. He takes her hand in his and glares at Damon. "You're paying, by the way. Oh, and don't EVER come near her again. If you do, I'll make sure you wish you never did. Got it?" He growls. Damon widens his eyes and nods quickly. "I p-promise!" He stutters.

Minho snorts at how pathetic he was and leaves the little coffee shop with Yenon. He brings her outside and unlocks his car, opening the door. She looks in the shop, as Damon gets up and sits back down. Yenon looks at Minho, meeting his intense gaze. He was such a handsome guy. She smiles and kisses his cheek. He was a bit surprised by that and smiles. "Thank you for this, Minho." She says and gets in the car. "You're welcome." He says and closes her door. He chuckles and walks to the driver's side.

Minho loved that he could help her. He hoped he could help her more in the future.