Chapter Forty Three

Word Count: 1641

~Jada

Kael never left my room that night.

We sat up all night, talking to each other about almost everything that we could. By the time dawn flooded through the windows, it was too late for us to get any sleep. I don't even want to get up. I just want to lie next to my mate, still naked, my head resting on his chest while he plays with my hair.

"Can we just stay in bed all day?" I ask. I don't think I want to face the reality of our lives yet. I don't want to see Blue, I don't want to deal with the fact Kael might still pursue his mother against both her and Sinful's wishes. It's all so much.

Kael loosens a breath, rolling over to look over me. "If it's with you, I'll stay in bed forever. I don't want to be anywhere else right now."

I smile. "Neither do I."

Kael twists a piece of my hair around his finger, deep in thought. I don't want him to leave this room. I don't want him to go back to his Alpha duties. I know when he does, he will be back commanding his Silent's to do horrible things in other Packs, and will be running a Pack I've grown up hating my entire life.

"So what happens now? I'm I going back to being a Silent?" I question. I'm not sure how much I want to go back to it, considering how many of the Silent's hate me. And to add to it all, Axel would have surely shared the news that Kael and I are mates.

"Well of course you don't have to go back and be a Silent. I would prefer you to work with me instead," Kael explains. "However, it's your choice, of course."

"I'm not sure what I want," I admit.

Now that I know I have a mate, everything has changed. Now, there is no risk of me being sent to the bottom of a dark prison to work for the rest of my life. I wanted to win this competition to travel, to have another life, and suddenly that doesn't seem relevant anymore. Now Kael has become a big part of the plans I want to make.

"You can still have all the freedom in the world. You can still travel, if that's what you wish to do. I hope you will want to do that with me," Kael murmurs, gently running his hand along my cheek. I close my eyes enjoying the feeling of his touch.

"I would love to travel. I've always wanted to escape this Pack, even for a little while," I breathe. I've never shared that with many people, so it feels good to express my interests.

I've never felt this close to anyone.

"Why don't we just go away now? Somewhere with a beach and beautiful water where we don't have to worry about anything for a couple days. Just each other," Kael says, sitting up, suddenly excited. I smile slightly, letting the idea of having full alone time with Kael without him having to be the Alpha sink in.

I sit up also, looking at him in disbelief. "You mean that? What about everything here, with your mother and with you being an Alpha? Don't you have to be an Alpha still and look after this Pack?"

"A break from everything is exactly what I need," he murmurs, grabbing me, pulling him against me. I giggle, excited by his excitement. I've never seen him like this.

I don't doubt it will only get better.

***

I learnt today that Kael is a very spontaneous person we he wants to be. When he says he wants to do something, that typically means he's going to do it. However, that doesn't mean I wasn't surprised when he approached me a day later telling me he is taking me to the Passion Pack, where he has found a place for us to say.