Chapter 1

"Get up!' My mom nudged me.

I turned on my back and put my arm over my eyes, "Its too early!"

"Come on its only 5:30.", She nudged me again.

"Ugh!", I sat up.

"I'll leave you to get dressed. I love you!" She smiled and exited my room.

I got up and put on skinny jeans and a light green v-neck. I wear simple clothes nothing too fancy, I put on black vans. I grabbed a hair tie and pushed all my hair into a ponytail. Ugh, my roots are coming in. I dyed my hair red a couple months ago. It's probably my favorite thing about myself it really complimented my blue eyes.

I walked out to the kitchen. My mom was going to take me to her work, she is a scientist. The sun wasn't even up yet and my dad was still sleeping. My dad owned his own sports store.
We were ready to go to my mom's lab. I got in the car and slipped my seat-belt on. I reached for the radio and my mom grabbed my hand.

"I can do it sweetie." she smiled and put on XM.

That was weird, I thought.
Soon we pulled into the parking lot. I walked in and saw this cute guy,he looked about 18 years old.

"So, Scarlet, this is our research lab." My mom smiled.

She looked odd, like she was nervous.
We walked in her lab and I saw that guy from early sitting in a big glass box. The room was white full of technology and stuff. He smiled at me and waved; I waved back.

"Are you ready JJ?", One lady asked.

JJ smiled with his piercing blue eyes and then ran his hand though his black hair.  He nodded his head up and down.
The lady flipped the switch and a needle full of red stuff came down and injected him.

The box was sound proof, but I could tell he was screaming. His mouth was wide open with his veins popping from his muscles . My eyes widened as every one was smiling.
What was my mom doing to people? Why are they smiling? I sat there with my mouth hitting the floor.
He soon stopped and just sat there, everything stopped moving. He suddenly sat up.

"How are you feeling JJ?" The lady said in the microphone.
He got up and stood there, twitching. He looked up and veins came up and his eyes were red.
I put my hand over my mouth and got up.
"Sweet heart whats wrong?" she put her hand on my back.

"I want to go home." I walked out.

After 5 minutes my mom came out and drove me home, We didn't talk.
I went to bed that night feeling like I wasn't safe like my mom was going to go crazy.

I woke up around 3:00 am and I saw the shadow of someone in the corner of my eye. I kept still and acted like I was asleep. They came over to the side of my bed. It was my mom, She leaned down and kissed me on my forehead.

"I'm sorry."

She jabbed me in the leg with a needle. The same needle that they injected that boy with. I was going to die this was it; I started to sweat.
I felt it run through my body, it was hot. I shoved my face in my pillow trying not to scream or cry. I really didn't mind crying. My eyes rolled into the back of my head and I passed out.

I woke up breathing heavy.

How was I still alive? Was it a dream? I couldn't wrap my head around what happened.

I looked over to my leg to see if there was a hole or anything like that, there was one. My heart sank, I jumped out of bed and looked in the mirror to see if I had veins going down my face. I didn't have any, matter of fact my skin was like porcelain. I moved the hair out of my face and the Irises in my eye were blood red. I threw my self on my bed, trying to gather my thoughts. 'What is going on? Why am I different? I got up and got dressed. I put on a white v-neck and my leather jacket, with some black leggings. I threw my hair into a bun and put on sun glasses to hide my eyes.