Chapter 22 - Escape Plan Part 2

M O N I C A

I sat next to Toothless in a dark cave. There was a little light, but not enough to see your hands in front of you. I knew Toothless was next to me because I could hear him purr. He's so adorable.

I took a deep breath.

"I hope this works." I said. I could hear the vikings talking to my parents as they arrived.

"Where's Monica?" My mother asked Astrid.

"I don't know, we can't find her anywhere!" She said.

"What do you mean?" My father asked.

"She was hanging out with us this morning, but she went back to her house to pack and we never saw her since then. We thought she left already, but now we see that she hasn't." Hiccup said.

He's so smart.

"Very well then. We'll search every cave and building until we find her. She's coming home today." My father said. My parents walked away from them and walked to the village of Berk.

Crap.

"Astrid, we need to find Monica! We need to get her out of here!" Hiccup said.

"I have an idea." Astrid said as she ran to the academy. Hiccup followed.

...

A S T R I D

"What are we doing here?" Hiccup asked.

"Getting reinforcements." I told him.

"Lout, Legs, Ruff, Tuff! Get in here!" I yelled.

They ran into the academy and lined up in front of us.

"We only have a couple of minutes until they find Monica. Everyone, grab some rope." I told them, pointing to a chest.

"Hiccup, open the cages." I said.

"What?"

"OPEN THE CAGES."

He nodded and opened them.

"Get the dragons out, Hiccup." I ordered.

...

H I C C U P

I placed my hand on the Nightmare's snout and it followed me out of the cage. I walked over to Snotlout and placed his hand on the dragon's snout. I took my hand off.

"Where are you going?" Snotlout said nervously.

"Just relax. Keep your hand on his snout." I said.

I walked in the second cage and walked out with a Gronckle. I handed Fishlegs the rope to wrap around the Gronckle's body. He put his hand on his snout and pet the dragon.

I went into the third cage and walked out with two dragons; The Hideous Zippleback and The Deadly Nadder. I gave the rope to Astrid and pointed to her dragon, and I gave the rope to Tuffnut, pointing to the Zippleback.

...

A S T R I D

I tied the rope around the Nadder's stomach, making sure it wasn't tight. I mounted on the dragon, and the other four didn't hesitate to do the same. Ruff and Tuff had one dragon, but sat on each head. Hiccup mounted on my dragon and sat in front of me.

"Now let's go find Monica." He said.