Chapter Thirty.

"So how far along are you now D?" Veronica asked as we sat on Cheryl's bed. Toni decided I needed a break from tent-city and by a break she meant inviting over myself, Veronica and Betty to Thistle-house for a sleepover. 

"Six months." I anxiously answered as the thought of actually having to deliver this baby kicked in.

"I can't believe how far it's gone!" Betty exclaimed as she leant back on one of the posts attached to the bed.

"It's certainly been an insane six months that's for sure. Sweet Pea and I's anniversary is coming up soon and I kind of want to do something for it but with everything going on I doubt we'll even get a moment alone." My voice broke slightly towards the end of my speaking as I begun thinking of the current war we were in.

"Nope we're not doing this. We're not doing sad tonight. It's my sleepover and I refuse to be moping about." Cheryl spoke as she sat up commanding us all to be happy. 

"Babe I organised this." Toni said as she rolled her eyes slightly in a playful way.

"Fine then it's OUR sleepover and WE refuse to have people sad. Better?" Cheryl rephrased her sentence, looking at Toni for approval and when she nodded slightly she continued speaking. "Veronica's been sleeping in a diner whilst her boyfriend's in the jailhouse because of her own father. Betty's mother has joined some crazy cult whilst her boyfriend is learning how to play some childish game called Gryphons and Gargoyles. As for Danica here, besides the fact she's about to be a teen mom she's currently in a gang war with the Ghoulies who keep threatening to kill her and her baby. We've all got shit going on but what we're not going to do is let it ruin tonight. Tonight we are going to talk about our boy/girl dramas and talk about school and be normal teenage girls, capeesh?"  

Everyone looked around at one another before nodding in agreement and smiling. Cheryl's speech had made us all realise how much we were all going through and yet somehow we were still here together. Two hours went by of us gossiping and relaxing together before Evelyn Evernever was brought into the conversation. 

"What's everyone's thoughts on the new girl, Evelyn is it?" Veronica asked as she lay down relaxing.

"She's apart of the farm and honestly she creeps me out so much." Betty sighed as she cuddled up against Veronica. 

"I think I've seen her once, strawberry blonde hair and earthy outfits?" Toni asked trying to figure out who we were all talking about. 

"That's the one." Betty rolled her eyes at the mere thought of her making me laugh slightly. 

"I met her the other day when I was having a pregnancy breakdown in the bathrooms, despite me attempting to be really rude to scare her off she was nothing but kind to me." I answered without even thinking, within a moment everyone was staring at me.

"What?" I asked as I looked between the four girls anxiously.

"You're kidding right?" Cheryl stared at me in disbelief for the first time since I'd met her.

"Yeah she was lovely, she told me that if I ever needed anything she was always there for a chat." I smiled at the thought of the kind girl's offer, contemplating on taking her up on it.

"Do we have to remind you that she's in a cult? a CULT?" Betty spoke with annoyance clearly in her voice.

"Just because her father is the leader of the farm it doesn't mean she's a terrible person. She's actually quite nice." I didn't understand why I was standing up for a girl I had spoken too once but I felt the need to protect her from the accusations.

I stared at the other girls, none of them knew what to say as I excused myself to the bathroom, I had full intentions of calling Sweet Pea and asking him to come and get me but as I closed the door my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered quite unsure of why I even chose to do so.

"Hello there Danica." Malachi's voice ran through the speaker sending chills down my spine.

"What do you want?" My voice was laced with anger and frustration as I replied to him.

"Well we all know I want you baby. However I know that's not going to happen just yet." I felt uneasy as I sat on the edge of the bathtub trying to steady myself.

"That's never going to happen Malachi. I will never be yours." I spat as my attempt to control my anger vanished.

I heard his evil laugh on the end of the phone, it made me physically sick as I protectively rested my hand on my stomach.

"Never say never baby. You and I both know I have my ways of getting what I want. If I can't get you then I'll destroy you. Your time is slowly running out so you best be prepared sweetheart." Malachi's voice was calm yet I could feel his threats stabbing straight into me.

"Or what?" I asked trying not to show my fear.

"You'll just have to wait and find out. You may want to go and join your girls and continue that sleepover of yours now though." My breath hitched in the back of my throat as I realised he had been watching me this whole time.

"Sweet dreams." With that the phone went dead and I was left sitting on the tiles trying to calm the panic attack that was coming on. 

This whole time he'd been watching me. He knew where I was at every second. He was never going to let me out of his sight, was my life forever going to be running from this monster? Would I ever be able to escape the clutches of my own parents and their awful gang? 

Before I could overthink any more I heard the door open as Betty came running in to me and by my side.

"What happened? Dani? Talk to me." Betty's arms wrapped around my shoulders as she pulled me into her chest, I didn't even notice the tears streaming down my cheeks until I tried to speak, my voice was hoarse and barely understandable.

"Malachi... he's watching me." I heard the gasp of Veronica as I looked up briefly and saw the rest of the girls standing in the doorway. Betty tried to soothe me and calm me down as I sobbed uncontrollably in her arms, I could feel my entire body shaking as my little bubble of stability had shattered around me. 

---

"Here D" Veronica spoke soft as she handed me a glass of water, an hour on and I had finally managed to calm my breathing.

"Would you like me to call Sweet Pea or Fangs?" Toni offered as she sat in front of me.

"No, please I want them to think I'm capable of doing things without completely breaking down." I replied as everyone nodded understandingly. 

"You will tell him about the call though right?" Betty asked as she looked at me with pure worry written all over her face.

"Of course, just not tonight. He's spending the night hanging out with Fangs, like they did in the old days." I nodded towards Toni in the last bit as she knew exactly how the two of them used to be before my pregnancy.

"What can we do for you Dani?" Cheryl asked as she softly massaged Toni's shoulders.

"Just stay with me? Please?" I looked between the four girls as a chorus' of 'yes' and 'of course' ran through the room. "I'm sorry for ruining the no drama rule." I laughed briefly trying to lighten the mood a little bit.

"Damn hun how dare you be apart of our gang war?" Cheryl joked with me making me actually laugh. 

"I know I'm sorry I really should have chosen better parents hey?" 

"Oh 100% but I think you'd have to get in line for that one." Veronica joked causing the room to erupt in laughter.

"Amen to that." Betty added making us all smile and laugh, we somehow ended up comparing terrible parent stories in the most light-hearted way possible and to be honest it felt good to be able to talk about the tragedies of our own lives without having to tip-toe around the topic.