Broken Wing

Broken Wing:
A HTTYD3 oneshot
Zephyr is 16
New Berk Woods
Zephyr POV:
I let my auburn hair fly over my shoulder as the wind took it away. I took in the scent of the fall weather and gripped my axe tighter. I closed my ocean eyes and wiped my fingers along my light brown freckles. I brushed away my bangs and listened deeply to my surroundings.
I threw my axe at the tree, keeping my eyes closed. I deepened my hearing and listened to my surroundings closely, deeply, and patiently. I cracked my knuckles and rubbed my long auburn hair. I fixed my headband and traced my fingers along my arm bindings. I let my skirt blow to the left, and I pointed my toes down. I tuned into the forest.
Birds chirped. Wind howled. Leaves flew. Rabbits hopped. Branches snapped.
BRANCHES SNAPPED?!
I widened my eyes out of my trance and ran for my axe, I did a layout and grabbed my axe, and spun around. I ran down the hill and jumped off the tree branch.
"HA!" I screamed and aimed my axe at...a deer? I flunked down my arms and the deer ran off. "Oh," I quirked and ran my hair back behind my shoulder. I blew my bangs back and looked at the sight ahead of me.
"Wow," I gushed, overviewing the sight of New Berk. The pink, orange, yellow, and blue evening clouds circling above an autumn season of New Berk. "Well, I found another one," I told myself and sat down at the edge of the cliff.
I took of my satchel and pulled out my notebook. I opened up all the pages and notes to my map of New Berk, and added a new section. I looked up at the gorgeous view, and smiled at it.
"Hmm. What should I call you?" I ask and raised my hands out towards the view. "Hmm..." I thought and rubbed my pointer finger along my chin. I smiled at Odins creation. I smiled. 'That's it!'
"Odins Peak!" I exclaimed and marked down this exact spot as Odins Peak. I layed back down watched the view.
I smiled down at my outfit, my dark brown furry boots, my dark blue leggings with knee pads, my dark brown skirt with cloth around the top with skulls down the sections, my purple shirt, my silver shoulder pads that were touching my neck, and my arm bindings that were so comfortable.
It began to get darker, and the crickets started to crick. "Ugh. Time to get home! Dad will kill me!" I groaned and sat up. I collected my map and grabbed my satchel, looping it over my head. I grabbed my axe and walked into the woods. I followed down the dirt path and hopped over a hill.
All of a sudden, there was a loud bang, and rain came tumbling down. "Oh come on!" I yelled and took off my satchel, trying to hold it over my head like an umbrella. The bad part is that these paths get extremely slippery when wet, which was bad luck for me. I began to bolt for my house, me, Zephyr Haddock dripping wet.
I then reached a big hill, the worst one to walk down. "Oh no," I exclaimed and widened my eyes. I shrieked and took a small step. Bad idea.
My foot slipped onto the watery path, and I fell...all the way down.
——————————————————————
Haddock House
10pm
Hiccup POV:
I slammed my fist onto the table. "Hiccup! Chill," Astrid growled and I clenched my fists, and sighed. "Babe, she's always home by 9! That's her curfew on Sundays, she has Dragon Trooping early on Mondays!" I exclaimed and Astrid sighed. She ran her fingers through Nuffinks hair, in which he swatted her hand away as he finished his late night snack.
"Nuff why don't you go take a bath?" I ask him and he nodded. He got up from his stool and walked upstairs, and Astrid walked over to me. "She's gonna be back!" Astrid said and massages my shoulders. I scoffed and ran my hands through my hair. "How do you know that? It's pouring down rain and she's an hour late!" I exclaimed, worried and Astrid chuckled.
"She's sixteen babe. Maybe she got lost in the woods with a boy," Astrid winked and I glared at her. "Number one, she's not allowed to date, and two, she's way to young," I growled and Astrid kissed my head.
"Hiccup, she's responsible! She's gonna have a good explanation! Maybe she just got lost with exploring the woods, she lost track of time," Astrid said and I rose my brows at her. "Really Ast? In that dark?" I ask and Astrid crossed her arms.
"Honey, she's just like you were when you were young. Adventures! An explorer!" Astrid exclaimed and I smiled. "She's a clone of Hiccup!" Astrid said and I smiled. "Yea, I guess she's the female version of her dad," I say and Astrid rubbed my arm.
"Wait another hour, if not, we can go find our daughter," Astrid said and I hesitated, but agreed.
*1 HOUR LATER*
11pm
"That's it! I'm going! I'm worried sick, my baby is out there!" I hollered and grabbed my fire sword. Astrid had a worried look on her face and grabbed her Chieftainess cloak. "I'm coming with you," she said and I nodded.
"Nuff! Something happened to Zeph! We're gonna be back!" Astrid hollered and we left our house to look for our daughter.
——————————————————————
We ran over to the New Berk dirt paths to the woods, and I realized the paths were slick. "These are slippery! Be careful," I exclaimed and turned on a lamp. I took Astrid's hand and I slowly walked up the hill.
When I got to the top, I pulled out my satchel. "What are you doing?" Astrid asks and I gave her a worried look. "Tracking gear," I winked and spewed out a hard liquid that will help us walk on slippery roads. "Come on," I said and we walked down more paths. I held Astrid's hand, while she had a stern look on her face. She squinted her eyes above, and gasped.
"What?" I say and she ran ahead. "Astrid Wait!" I hollered and chased after my wife. She fell down to the ground of the path, and showed me a satchel, just like his. I grabbed it and opened up the satchel.
It was soaking wet from the rain, and I pulled out a notebook. I opened up the first page, to see it connected to a long map. Zeph's Map.
"It's Zephs," I say and Astrid held the satchel. I cringed my brows and looked all around me, panting. "Where's our daughter?" Astrid whined and I turned toward her, she was dripping wet, along with me. Astrid's nose was pink and she was crying.
"Hey? I'm gonna go find Zephyr. Go home and keep warm with Nuffink. Tell him what's going on. I can do this ok? I love you!" I shrieked and crashed my lips on Astrid's. She held back her tears and I pulled away. "I love you too," she wailed and took her lamp and walked along the path, all the way back home, holding Zephyrs satchel with her.
———————————————————————
Many minutes later
New Berk Woods
Hiccup POV:
"Zephyr! Zephyr!" I screamed as I continued to go down the extremely large hill, a beautiful place I've never seen before. Astrid had seen Zephyrs satchel at the top of the hill, so hopefully Zephyr was down here somewhere, alive and in stereo.
"Zephyr! Zephyr!" I called out into the pouring rain. This hill was super slick, and you could slip easily. "Now just be care-" I screamed and I slipped, but I carefully caught myself. "-ful," I finished and held up my lamp.
"Baby where are you?" I ask and continued to hurry down the hill. I came down more and more, waiting to reach the bottom. I wiped away the rain that was on my face, and coughed. The rain was making me sick.
"Zephyr! Zephyr! Zeph!" I screamed and reached out the light more, aiding for my daughter. I was tired. I was weak. I couldn't find her. But, I needed to get to my child, wherever she was.
I felt that through hill was getting less steep, so I was almost to the bottom. I beamed down my lamp, and saw a hand, lying down into the rain. I rushed down further and saw a young girls body, motionless.
I saw her leg bent in an odd way, her hair was soaking wet, along with all her clothes. She was covered in mud, and had scratches and bruises. She wasn't moving, and I recognized her.
"Zephyr!" I screamed and rushed over to my daughter. I pulled my 16-year old daughter into my arms, pulling her freezing cold body into my arms. Her hair was soaked as it rested in my neck.
"Oh baby," I cried and dropped the lamp. I cradled my baby girl and wailed out for her to come back. "Zephyr! Zephyr! Wake up!" I screamed and rubbed my daughters cheeks and I rested her body over my legs.
I rubbed my hands along her arms, and rubbed my daughters face. I scraped the mud off her face, and saw my daughter beautiful glamour that she gets from her mother.
"Zeph, please wake up!" I screamed and shook her arms. Zephyr must have fell down this hill, broke her bones or got an internal injury, and has been freezing out in the rain for hours. My baby girl.
"Zephyr, Zephyr," I say and began wail louder than ever. "Zephyr!" I cried and held her back. I scooped one of my arms around her head, and her back layed on my knees. Her legs layed in the mud, her left leg bent still in a broken position-her broken Wing.
The rain poured down harder, sooping my pants with mud and drenching my clothes. I gripped my daughter and rubbed her cheek, taking my hand off her head to do it.
"No! No! No!" I screamed and cupped her left cheek. "Hey! You stay with me! You hear me? I need you babe! I need you with me!" I cried and let my head thump onto my daughters chest. I listened for my daughters heart beat, and no sound came.
"Oh, my baby," I wailed and held my daughter tight, as the rain poured down from the sky.
(This doesn't actually happen in reality)