Turned on in a Tent

“Miss me?”

            “Tons.”

            Annie surveyed the surrounding area. Elizabeth had chosen higher ground than the rest of the students. Only a single tent sat within a twenty-yard radius.

            “Why did you pick a place so close to the waterfall?”

            “Oh, that,” Elizabeth noted. “I don’t want to be so close to the guide’s tent, since I’m sure he has a special way to wake us up in the morning.”

            Annie smirked. Now the guide wouldn’t be able to hear Elizabeth’s crying over the sound of the stream. What an idiot.

            “Hey, Liz!” Vincent called as he poked his head out of the neighboring tent. “Come help me adjust the poles.”

            Annie froze. Why did he have to follow Elizabeth everywhere? Couldn’t he see what a man stealer she was? To Annie’s horror, Elizabeth actually crawled into the cramped tent with him. And so Annie was left outside with an overwhelming desire to kick them both into

the river.

            Elizabeth blew a heavy sigh in the warm tent, already feeling claustrophobic with Vincent so closely glued to her side.

            “Alright,” she said, peering at the tent poles. “Where’s the problem?”

            “Well,” he muttered, grabbing her arm and abruptly pinning her against the scratchy sleeping bags, “I’ve had an issue with you all morning, and we haven’t gotten alone time in forever.”

            Elizabeth tried to push him away, but Vincent used his weight to keep her down.

            “Get off,” she growled, trying not to blush. Not that she had a reason to, she reminded herself.

            “Not yet,” Vincent murmured, gently brushing a stray hair from Elizabeth’s face. “Want to tell me why you decided to dress up today?”

            “What’s it to you?”

            “Are you trying to get the boys’ attention or,” Vincent whispered in Elizabeth’s ear, causing her to involuntarily shiver, “are you just trying to seduce me?”

            Vincent intertwined her icy fingers with his and their temperatures gradually melted into one. He grinned down at her with hungry eyes.

            “It’s working, you know.”