51 | C R Y I N G

River-rose had never felt so

River-rose had never felt so... lost and distraught in her life. For once, she wished so badly she didn't have feelings so she wasn't constantly reminded of the pain she felt in her heart.

She had lost a loved one before, but she had learned to cope with the feeling. Sure, there was always an ache for the person she had lost in her heart. She had cried for them. Missed them so much. And now she reminisced on the wonderful memories they had left with her.

But, with her unborn child, the very one Hayze and her had made from their love and passion, was gone. She'd never gotten to meet the baby. Never got to make her own memories. Know what gender it was. And maybe it was better that she'd never learned the babies gender. But she wished - so much, to have her baby back.

She thought with the upcoming vacation in a few weeks ahead, she'd be a little more happy. She'd have something to look forward to. But it was like there was a screen in front of it; blocking her view.

She turned her head as Hayze walked into the room, dark circles under his pretty eyes. "Hayze," she said, her voice hardly a whisper. "My love, you're home."

"Oh look," he said as he threw off his tie. "You speak."

River was taken aback by his abrupt, sarcastic comment. "Excuse me?" she asked as she sat up straight.

"You speak," he mumbled as he tore his dress shirt off and grabbed a towel.

She gaped at him and her eyes followed after him as he walked into the ensuite and he slammed the door.

She took a deep breath to calm herself and waited for him to exit the shower. She felt as if her head were spinning. Things didn't feel the same. Things had become tense.

When he exited the shower, he came out, his waist wrapped in the towel and his hair flopped to one side over his head, dripping wet. He looked even less refreshed than when he had first come home.

"What happened at work today?" she asked as she watched him slide open a drawer with his loose athletic shorts in them.

He mumbled something under his breath as he threw off the towel and River rolled her eyes as he shamelessly exposed himself to her.

"Hayze," she growled. "I asked you a question," she sighed.

He quickly pulled his pants up over his junk but it did little to hide the imprint of it hanging down one of his pant legs. He walked over and climbed onto the bed in back of her, attempting to spoon her but she slid off the bed.

He looked at her with a glare and she sucked her teeth. "Don't be stupid Hayze. You don't get to act like that and expect cuddles."

Hayze sighed loudly and ran his hands through his hair excessively, pulling and tugging on it as he flopped onto his back and covered his face by throwing his arm over it. And that's when she heard it. A frustrated little sniffle.

"Hayze?" she questioned quietly as she hovered over him.

Another sniffle.

"Hayze, my love... are you crying?" she asked quietly, her already aching heart, absolutely shattered.

Hayze moved his arm away from his face to reveal icy blue eyes, shimmering with tears. River immediately climbed onto his chest, snuggling her face into his neck and pressing kisses to his skin.

His hands snaked around her waist and he held her tight against him as he quietly cried with her pressed against him.

River felt terrible for not noticing that Hayze was hurting too. It wasn't just her that was affected by the loss of their baby.

"I'm sorry," Hayze rasped huskily into her ear. "We've been distant with each other lately. We have to remember to communicate or its going to come out in anger. And I don't like being angry with you."

She began to cry softly as he pressed a soothing, yet firm kiss to her head and he rubbed her back in slow cirlces. "Good babygirl. We're going to be okay. Just cry. You haven't since that day. Let it out."

River sobbed harder into his chest and he just held her tight and didn't say anything. Instead, he cried with her. It was more than what anyone could have ever said to her.

 It was more than what anyone could have ever said to her

A / N

WOAH WOAH WOAH - Guyyyss, thank you so much for 61.6 K reads. This is blowing my mind.

Honestly, thank you so much for the support. It means a lot to me.

I've been really sick recently, and usually i write for wattpad because i'm in bed all day, but i haven't been doing much of that.

I've been sitting outside my window and just feeling the breeze on my skin and listening to the birds chattering with each other with a book and pen in my lap.

Honestly, if you haven't taken time for yourself, try it. It's much needed.

I'll be posting these chapters more frequently now. But just a forewarning, it'll be ending soon, but now worries, if you've enjoyed River and Hayze's story as much as i have, i've got a little surprise for you at the end 😊

Thanks for reading

                                 ~ ♡