Chapter 1

It was just a normal day like every day at browns college for girls. everyone was excited for the dance tonight all except me. I don't really find it exciting that the girls and boys from many schools come to dance and that so many girls wear tight fitting clothes to show of more than I wish to say.

I'm not really the favourite girl here because of my features. " hey Mary" I hear. I look up to see my worst enemy Claudeen Nile. she insists on getting my name wrong.

"Oh by the way it's Maria not Mary"

I say calmly. " whatever any way are you going to the dance because if I were you I would change..." but she was cut off because of the bell that meant that everyone was arriving.

All the girls screamed and ran to the door but the head girl May Jason yelled for everyone to line up and greet the guests.

One at a time the schools came in first the girls then the boys. and finally the last few other guests.

A group of four two girls two boys came through the door last. one of the girls had jet black hair and brilliant ice blue eyes, the other long blonde hair and stormy grey eyes, one the boys also had jet black which probably needed a cut and bright green eyes like the sea, and the other had a sort of limp with brown curly hair with deep brown eyes.

The headmistress did a presentation and welcome told everyone mingle and soon they will start the dance. as everyone turned to mingle I decide to leave before I got trapped. I headed up to the very to of the building where there is a small garden and sitting area which looked more like a green house.

I always feel safe and warm up there and snuggled into one of the couches and began to read.