24

The next day we went to the cemetery to bury my father. If FP weren't there I wouldn't be able to stand on my own legs.

Hermione had to return to Riverdale in the morning because Veronica fell ill and Hiram had a business trip. I didn't blame her for not staying with me at the funeral. It wasn't her duty.

After the funeral ceremony, my mother came to us. I still felt hurt by her.

"You organized the funeral quickly," she said, and I nodded.

"Yes. FP has helped me a lot," I replied and looked at her.

"Thank you," she said, and FP nodded. "Are you staying in Greendale?"

"No, we're going back to Riverdale," I said and hugged FP's shoulder tightly. "I have to go back to my daughters and FP has to go back to his son," I added. My mother nodded.

"I hope you'll visit me soon, Alice," she whispered, her voice trembling with restrained crying. I swallowed hard.

"I will visit you, mother. Together with your granddaughters" I replied.

"Are we ready to go?" FP asked and I smiled at him.

"Yes. I want to make it before night"

"See you later. And I'm sorry, Alice." My mother grabbed my hand.

"See you" I replied and together with FP we went to the car.

We returned to Riverdale before dark. FP drove me to Hermione's house, where I greeted my daughters.

"Where were you?" Betty asked, hanging around my neck.

"In Greendale" I replied with a smile.

"What did you do there?" Polly asked, lollipop in her mouth.

"I helped your grandpa," I answered quietly.

"In what?"

The children were very curious.

"You know, he went to heaven and I was with him" I patted Betty on the cheek.

"He won't come back again?" Polly asked with tears in her eyes. I hugged her tightly.

I was sorry to say that my children did not have good contact with their grandparents because we did not go to Greendale with them often. For many years I felt sorry for my parents for what they did to me when I was a teenager.

"He will always be with you. Deep in your heart" I kissed her forehead and looked into her eyes. "Grandpa will be with you forever," I whispered, refraining from crying.

"My teacher said that people who go to heaven are happy" Betty pat Polly on the shoulder. "Grandpa doesn't suffer anymore." she smiled.

I was very happy with my daughters' accounts. One comforted the other and was always supported.

When I returned home with the girls, I promised them that as soon as they changed we would go to pizza. 

When my daughters went to their bedrooms, I sat on the sofa and grabbed my stomach. I've had too much stress over recent events, so I completely forgot about my child. Nobody knew about it except Hermione. No one.

 I took courage and called FP. I had to tell him that I'm pregnant. He answered after a few seconds. 

"Hi, Alice. Miss me?" he asked and I smiled. 

"Definitely. I have to tell you something, so I'd like to meet with you tomorrow," I said. 

With my free hand, I began to wrap and unroll my frill.