Chapter Five.

•••

6am. I fucking hate school. Remind me again why I decided to take another year of it. Oh yeah cuz I'm a fucking idiot.

I close my eyes for a minute. Or so I thought was a minute.

"Lennon!" *bang* "Lennon!" *bang* "Lennon! Wake up you're going to be late!" I hear my father banging on my door.

I look at the time on my phone and see it's 7:40. Well shit. I get ready and head downstairs to see my dad glaring at me. It's too early for this shit. I roll my eyes and leave.

Since I'm already late might as well stop to get coffee.

I make it to school 5 minutes late.

To second period.

At least I have doughnuts.

I walk in and see the security guard shaking his head at me. I smile and give him his usual doughnut.

I open the door to the classroom with a doughnut box in one hand and a doughnut in my mouth.

"Late as ever Miss SaintClare." Mrs. Harrison says and everyone turns to me as the girls start laughing. I grab the doughnut from my mouth and lift the box of doughnuts up to offer Mrs. Harrison a doughnut.

She declines and I shrug and make my way to my seat in the back. As I do I stop in front of Jade's desk as she grabs a doughnut, then Abby grabs one from next to her.

I put the box down on my desk, Danny and Sam get up from their seats and grab one.

I grab one last doughnut and give the rest of the box to Dylan and Ryan. Who finished them in less than a minute.

The classes went by as usual. With us not paying any attention and getting in trouble for talking and not paying any attention.

•••

We were all at lunch now hearing what happened with Danny and Sam last night. Turns out the girls were just looking for trouble and Sam and Dan gave it to them.

"So what did the sperm donor want?" Jade asks me and everyone turns.

"Don't fucking know. He was too busy yelling at me, didn't give me a chance to ask." I tell them and Sam asks. "About what this time?".

"Turns out dumb bitch from the party was going to press charges and he convinced them not to." I shrug and they all give me this look.

"Well. Good thing I stopped you early." Danny says and I nod. We continue talking about how we have to be careful whenever we do shit. And Abby of course tells us we can just stop. But like where's the fun in that.

They all made plans to go to the diner but I told them I was taking Oli to get ice cream after school so I'll meet them there after.

The rest of the day went by and I was now in my car heading to the ice cream shop with Oli in the backseat.

"C-can I get two scoops?" Oli asks with 2 fingers up.

"If you can finish one scoop then I'll get you another one how about that?" I tell him while I park the car. I get out and open the back door to get him off his car seat. Once I do he runs inside.

I walk in and he has his face on the glass looking at all the ice cream in front of him. I chuckle when I see his eyes are wide. He's acting like it's his first time here it's adorable.

After like 20 minutes of Oli deciding which flavor he wants, we finally get our ice cream and sit down on a table.

"I-I'm almost done!" He shouts with a big smile on his face.

"You ready for the second scoop little man?" I ask him while he stuffs a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth. He nods and finishes the last bit of it.

"I want strawberry." He tells me then asks for quarters for the toy machine. I give him 4 and head in line to get his ice cream.
I start scrolling through my phone then I look up to check on Oli and as I do I notice Xanax and his friends walk in.

"I said you can wait in the car." Xanax tells his tan friend who seems to be complaining. "And I said I wanted ice cream too, don't be selfish." Tan guy says which makes Xanax roll his eyes. They walk to get in line which means they'll be right behind me. Crap.

As I'm moving up he notices me.

"Hey Lennon." He smirks at me. Ew. Stop.

"Xanax. Ain't it?" I tell him which makes the tan guy and James laugh.

"That's a new one." Tan guys says then reaches his arm out to me. "Declan." He smiles at me and I look at his hand then back at him.

"Lennon." I tell him and turn to look at James. "Hey James." I nod at him.

"Hi Len." He gives me a smile and I turn to Xan who's still staring at me. I roll my eyes and turn around.

"So Lennon. Here with anyone?" Declan asks me. "Hot friend maybe?" I turn to him and stare at him. His face looks familiar.

I narrow my eyes at him. "You look familiar. Where have I seen your face before?" I ask him which makes him chuckle.

"The party maybe. Or perhaps on my twin sisters face when you gave her a broken nose?" He stats which make my eyes go wide.

"Shit." We both laugh.

It was finally my turn in line after seemed like forever. As I was about to say strawberry I hear Oli running to me.

"Ma! Ma!" He shouts at me while making his way to my side. "I-I change me mind. I want vanilla." He tells me with a fake mustache on his face.

"Are you sure? Cuz you can't change it after?" I ask him and he nods.

"Damn Lennon! Never saw you as the mom type." Declan says while Oli hides in front of me. For fucks sake. I wanted to say fuck off but Oli in front of me stops me. I roll my eyes at Declan and order one scoop of vanilla with sprinkles.

"Chocolate chips." Oli tugs at my shirt. I tell the lady and she hands me the ice cream and I give it to Oli. He goes to a table while I pay.

"Well I would say nice seeing you guys but that would be lying." I turn to look at them and stop my glance at Xan.

"See you around." I say "James." As I turn to face James and he wiggles his eyes at me. Xanax is smirking as always and I shake my head and walk to Oli.

I tell him we're leaving and that he can eat his ice cream in the car. As we're walking out I can see the three musketeers staring at us.

•••

xxx
-e