Chapter Forty Two

Word Count: 1534

~Brielle

Nothing feels better than being within my mates arms.

My back is pressed up against his chest, his arm slung over my waist. I'm enjoying the stories he whispers in my ear about magic and the Devotion Pack. He has so many amazing stories that I could listen to all night without fail. There is something to intimate about being up against him will he shares all he can with me.

"I would say you're easily one of the most interesting people I've met," I tell him. It's not just because of his stories that I say that, but also due to his knowledge and how charismatic of a person he is, and has been this entire time.

I mean, he did manage to convince everyone he was causing us harm in order to keep us all from interrupting his plan.

He even let himself take the fall in place of Ren.

"You need to travel more, my love," he comments, his tone amused. I chuckle, but I know I'm right. Twisting around, I lay facing him, looking up at him. Through the darkness, I can still see his eyes, and I don't doubt he can still see my body, which my robe has since slipped off of. I don't mind, though.

I have no reason to be shy around him.

"I'm sure I can learn a lot about the world from you," I murmur, reaching up to touch his face gently with the tips of my fingers. He grabs my hand, kissing each pad gently. I can't help but giggle at his sweetness.

"Well maybe there are a few things I can teach you," he whispers, he husky tone of his voice sending shivers down my spine. I think I know what that means...

Chase suddenly leans over me, brushing my hair back from my face. My heart flutters as he looks down at me. Through his gaze, I can sense his trust in me, and I feel the same for him. I know he is my mate, and our feelings for each other are real, and are not apart of the confusion between Ren and Chase.

He kisses me, and I feel the blood within me run hot. There is something so delicious about the way he tastes, something so sensual in the way he touches me. I reach out, wrapping my arms around his back, feeling under his shirt.

He is built so magnificently, like a work of art. The tips of my fingers run down the plane of his back, feeling each muscle shift under his soft skin.

How can one person be so perfect.

As usual, when we kiss, the bond between us sparks up, and everything seems to heat up in an entire instant. It's as if when we are pressed up against each other, there is no going  back, that we can't keep off each other. I want to feel all of him against me, and he seems to feel the same way, as he allows me to slip his shirt off.

If this doesn't stop, I don't care. I want all of him, and I can feel that he wants all of me, too. Every fear in the moment dissolved into nothing as I allow the desire for my mate to take over instead.

"I've wanted you this badly since the moment I laid eyes on you," I murmurs into my ear, before trailing kisses down my neck.

I can't help but shiver.

Chase takes his time undressing me. He doesn't tear them off, but delicately peels off each layer until I'm fully undressed underneath him, enjoying each part of my body before coming back up to my face. I grab it between my hands, kissing him before pushing him over so I can enjoy his body too.

I love the taste of him, as kiss down his neck, his chest and abdomen before I reach the line of his pants. They don't remain on for long, and once they are finally off, I decide how I best want to have fun.