Chapter 4

After one argument after another, Naruto began to become quiet again.

He must be so out of it he can even stop fighting... The shock from the fall must of woken him up a little. Sasuke looked down at the blonde beside him and saw that he had fallen asleep again.

Blushing, the raven haired boy thrust his head towards the other direction. With all of the shaking, the blue eyed boy woke up.

"Ah! Wha- Are they here again??"

"Dobe! What're you talking about?"

Naruto's ocean eyes widened from shock, but looked away mumbling a 'never mind'.

As Sasuke took him towards his apartment building, Naruto asked, "How d'you know where I live anyway?"

"Meeting you outside of your home every time your late." Sasuke replied coldly.

He slowly balanced Naruto as the boy searched his pockets for his apartment keys. He then opened the door and stumbled inside.

Avoiding all the clothes and ramen cups on the floor, he sat the Uzumaki on his unmade bed.

So this is how Naruto lives... So lonely. It keeps on making me remember I'm not the only one.

"Alright, where's your medical kit?" The Uchiha heir asked.

There was silence for a while until Naruto broke it. "Sasuke." His head turned up to the raven, an empty look in his eyes. "Why are you doing this?"

"Hn. Even I can be nice sometimes," he turned his onyx eyes towards him, "to a loser like you."

Naruto just hung his head low again, silently.

Not the reaction Sasuke was hoping for.

"Okay, okay! It's because I want answers!" He declared.

He got a confused face in return, "Answers for what?"

Sasuke sighed, "What's the real reason you've been so tired lately?"

"I told you already! I've been training! Training my ass off so I can beat you!"

"I don't believe you. After all, you're already my equal." He stared at him for a while, then smirked, "Hear that, Naruto? I just acknowledged you. Again."

Naruto stared for a while but then smiled. Smiled not like his usual ear-to-ear grin, but a long stunning one. It almost seemed more... genuine. Sasuke liked this smile far more. A feeling in his chest he never felt before was forming.

Suddenly, the smile fell, "I can't tell you." he said.

Disappointed Sasuke continued to question him, "Then what about the reason why that man--"

"Why do you care?"

Realisation suddenly hit the Uchiha. Why did he care? What was the point of all of this?

"Oh, demooooon~! Your time has coooome!"

Naruto grew pale and whispered, "Shit!"

The sound of footsteps, laughing and weapons could be heard outside.

Naruto hurried to his window, took a quick peek and slammed it shut.

"Naruto, what are you--"

"Sasuke, leave!"

Clearly offended, Sasuke gave him the famous Uchiha glare and said, "Why should I? Who are these people?"

Naruto stayed silent as he heard banging on the door, and people yelling. He refused to look at the Uchiha.

"Naruto, look at me!"

'SLAM!' The door had been knocked down. A crowd of drunk looking villagers were standing in the doorway.

"Congratulations, Naru-Chan!" Screeched a drunk man standing in front of the rest. Obviously, he was the leader of the group.

"Our Naru-Chan has got himself a little boyfriend hmm~?" Another in the crowd sung.

"Congratulations on getting a boy, Naru-Chan!"

The drunk leader growled. He then threw a wine bottle, aimed at Naruto's head, but the boy barely dodged it; missing him by inches.

"That day... Not only did you kill my wife, but you're a fag!" He cried, "Your just a damn slutty faggot! Trying to woo our beloved Uchiha, huh? Trying to take the last Uchiha away from us too?"

Tears were forming in Naruto's deep blue eyes.

Sasuke's eyes widened. What was this man talking about? Was Naruto gay? Not only was the man being homophobic, but now he was verbally abusing the poor blonde?! They looked like they were violent too. Some had pitchforks, some had lit torches, and some.... some had their bare hands ready to fight with.

The raven haired boy growled in anger. He was ready to pounce like a wild dog. Nobody messes with Naruto!

The man slurred, "I think we should teach this little brat a lesson, don't ya think boys?"

The crowd nodded and cheered in return, and tried running through the doorway, heading toward the Uzumaki. Sasuke tried everything to keep them away from them.

"Naruto, what are they talking about?!"

The frightened blonde barely moved at all, not answering the raven.

Another bottle of wine was smashed. And this time, it hit him.

The villager who threw it grinned evilly, "Hahaha! You want to know? You really want to know?"
This is an S-Class secret, but who cares? You Uchihas know all about those..."

The raven furrowed his eyebrows even lower, if that were possible, still having no idea what these people were saying.

The villager continued, "This boy right here..." his trembling finger pointing at Naruto, "... or should I say demon..."

"Don't." Naruto croaked.

"This demon right here is...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.... The Nine Tailed Fox."