Chapter 130 : To The Moon And Back (DREAM/VISION SEQUENCE)

It was so dark, and cold.

Lennon felt a little nauseous.

I have been abducted...?

There was a massive, sky blue reflection of light against Lennon's face and he felt weightless as if he were drifting, and there was pressure within his chest and a burning between his legs.

This feels pleasant.

Something is happening to my body against my will.

But... it's so nice.

Lennon slowly opened his eyes, to see there was silent blackness all around him, with the twinkles of stars in the distance, all around.

Confusion started to set in.

Lennon could suddenly hear the strains of an electric harpsichord, or Lowrey organ, coming from all around him, and the ethereal hum of a Tambura on and off in the distance, but he could never tell from where.

Very, very far in the distance was a beautiful, glittering light in the starry blackness, the prettiest he had ever seen. It was so inviting and seemed to be beckoning, and almost trying to reach out to him. He saw several sparks and sprites, dancing all around it.

He felt a heaviness in his limbs, and even lifting his head was laborious, but he turned his head slowly to his right, finding his motions slow and delayed, to see the massive, bright blue bottom half, of the planet Earth, slowly and silently turning, right before his eyes.

Oh my God...?!

He thought he heard a soft pulse, shoot from his right to his left, whisper to him his full name, but he couldn't be sure.

As he drifted limply, his mind a confused mess of question and acceptance.

No, this is impossible.

Lennon's mind was a chaotic mess. Reason told him that he could not possibly exist in this state, and that space was a soundless vacuum, but he started to hear an eerie, ethereal hum from the massive sphere to his right, as if it were singing to him. He knew he was caught by the planet Earth's heavy gravitational pull, and was now in orbit in space, without a spacesuit or any form of protection from this hostile environment.

Even, out of the troposphere, and thermosphere of the planet he originated from, a part of his mind knew that this was illogical and impossible, yet another part simply didn't care. He could feel his Earthly worries now seemed insignificant, and irrelevant.

All these things. All these people. All my worries... they no longer matter.

I'm letting go.

He heard a slimy, licking sound, and felt something damp and heavy, touching his limbs slightly. He lifted his head to look down his body, to see large, moist, green vines, impossibly long, reaching out from the oceans of the planet, and wrapping slowly around his underarms and around the top of his thighs.

They were hot, and seemed to breathe, and pulse.

It felt warm, and pleasant as he spread out, to allow them to go wherever they wanted to, as they wrapped around him, and bound him to the planet.

The green, living vines started to hang as they expanded in length, falling slack from the planet as it turned, then reaching up to him, keeping him firmly in one space, in orbit.

Lennon noticed a large, pink cherry blossom, floating in space next to him, and he was desperate to grab it and smell it. However, his arms seemed to act with a long delay from his will to move them. The delicate blossom was just out of reach, no matter how he strained to reach it.