twentyfive..rabbit

"A rabbit's foot?" Taehyung questioned, taking the weird pouch into his hands. He pulled out a slip of old, ripped paper, with curly words written in red ink.

"What the fricky does this say!?! What kind of language am I reading?!"

Jungkook scanned the paper. He rolled his midnight eyes, smacking Taehyung in the head. "It's upside-down, stupid." He flipped it over, reading the swirly font.

"Wear this around your neck. Don't ask who I am or why I am protecting you. The ebony crows were a warning, child. There indeed, is something in those trees." He read out in a deep, mocking voice, trying his hardest to sound like a spooky and mysterious guy.

Taehyung visibly froze in his spot. Tears formed in his eyes. "Oh my god! I killed the poor birdy! He was just trying to protect me! And I killed him!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!" He dropped to his knees in a dramatic stance, his fisted hands above his head, begging for mercy.

Jungkook sternly lifted the obnoxious boy up. "Who cares if you killed the damn bird-"

"But what if he had a brother?" Taehyung gasped sharply. "Oh no! The bird's familyyyy!!!"

The ravenette pushed Taehyung to the wall, staring intently into his ocean eyes. "We need to figure out what the fuck this guy's talking about. Stop crying over the bird."

Taehyung stopped his unnecessary wailing and looked up to Jungkook with full, teary eyes. All his fear flushed through him again. The thing. That creature in the trees. He swore he saw a creeping silhouette in the midnight canopies.

"J-Jungkook. I don't want to think about it." His salty tears cascaded down his crimson cheeks. He averted his nervous gaze to the floor.

Jungkook sighed, letting go of Taehyung's shoulders. "Fine then. Let's do something else."

"Like what?"

Jungkook used his intimidating glare with his devilish smirk, to slowly guide Taehyung to the fancy sofa.

Taehyung was plopped onto the tufted cushions, gaping up to Jungkook like he was a god. The ravenette hovered over him like a hungry predator.

"I think you already know what I want." Jungkook whispered into Taehyung's ear, his nose trailing down his ticklish neck. Taehyung gasped when Jungkook nibbled on his earlobe.

Jungkook was thrown onto the floor when the door flung wide open, revealing a worried Namjoon.

"Jesus, what the fuck?" The ravenette groaned as he got up from the floor, glaring at Taehyung.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?" Namjoon asked.

Jungkook pulled a smile, "Yeah, I'm fin-" his smile faded when he realized Namjoon was talking to Taehyung. In came two little doggies, prancing happily after Namjoon.

Jungkook rolled his eyes for the nth time. He watched Yeontan jump up into Taehyung's lap and give him little puppy kisses. Jungkook scowled.

"Blue Balls." He turned around, shoving his hands in his pockets as he sighed. "I have blue balls."

"I'm okay, Namjoonie. Don't worry. Everything's fine. See? No scratches!" Taehyung assured his hyung as he lifted up his sleeve, where some cuts and scratches remained. "Except those ones." He nervously giggled. His gaze wandered off to Jungkook who was boredly playing with Chopa's ears, a blank expression written all over his face. He looked sad.

"Why was Jungkook on the floor when I came in?"

"Well, hyung. Funny you come at this time, we were just about to leave." Taehyung smiled as he got up, grabbing the rabbit foot charm and hanging it around his neck. He walked over to Jungkook, intertwining their hands together. "We're going shopping!"