Like father like daughter

I woke up with a startle. All the numbness I felt earlier was replaced with pain in different parts of my body.

When I woke up the doctors seemed shocked for a moment but the gasp from someone beside me, made them regain their senses and to start checking my body. After running several tests, they were satisfied with the results. After having a few words with my family who were waiting outside, they left.

Once they did, my family rushed in. They had their moment of happy tears before mother rushed everyone outside to allow me to take rest. Dad stayed back while Daniel said he would be back in a while.

"Babygirl, you are finally back.", dad said hugging me to his side.

"Yes dad, I am back."

"I will never let you go, anymore. I lost my mate because of my ignorance, I shall not repeat the same mistake twice.", he said, more to himself than to me.

"Dad?"

"Yes, dear."

"I met mom.", I said lightly testing the waters.

He looked down at me, shocked. He was lost at words.

"She was the one who made me come back."

"Persuasive as ever.", he muttered under his breath.

"She looked shockingly like me. One wouldn't be able to find out the difference easily."

"I know. You inherited her looks. You took after her in your characteristics too.", he said.

"Dad, will you tell me about her?"

"I will. I will tell you one day. You deserve to know about her. But do remember one thing, she was a very sweet woman and kind one at the heart.", he said with pride shining in his eyes.

"Can I join in your daughter-father moment?"

"No one asked for you here. Go away, shoo.", I said motioning for him to leave.

"I missed you too, sis.", Daniel said jumping next to me on the bed.

We all had a hearty laugh at that.

"We never had time to fool around before, because of all the problems. Then when it finally came to an end you went into coma. You made me think that I wouldn't have anyone to be over-protective of, anymore. If you had not come back today I would have had to drag you back here from wherever you were at.", he said with so much certainty that one would believe that he meant them.

"I missed you too, brother.", I said snuggling into him.

"You made us give up on our hopes. The doctors said that you had given up on the desire to survive. It was Tah who believed in you. She said that your fingers twitched while she talked. Even now, she was the one who was with you before you came back. You really are biased to your friend.", he said faking grumpiness.

"Best friend", I corrected him.

"That's my daughter.", dad said pulling me to him.

"And here I was thinking that I was your favorite child.", Daniel added.

We dissolved into yet another hearty laugh.

~Two days later~

I was finally allowed to leave the room I had been kept at all the while I had been in coma.

I was being moved back to my home. Dad and Daniel accompanied me on the way to home.

When we opened the door Tah rushed to me and hugged me taking my breath off.

"Cant- can't breathe.", I said patting on her shoulder.

"Sorry", she said smiling sheepishly with no ounce of sincerity.

She moved aside to let me in.

"Mate", Daniel growled rather angrily.

Tah's eyes widened.

"Can we talk outside?", she asked in a small voice.

He nodded and they left.

Dad smiled looking at them before adding, "Like father like daughter."

I looked at him confused. "Dad?"

He shook his head smiling before adding, "Orion's mate was a beta blood too."