Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"What the fuck are these?" Moros snapped.

The dragon winced, making himself smaller than he was but he didn't back off. He looked like he was waiting to snatch his personal belongings out of Moros hand and run off with them in order to hide them somewhere safe and I was surprised he was willing to put up a fight for once in his life time. These items must be very dear to him in order for him to go against his owner and risk displeasing him.

Moros had caught the dragon sitting on the kitchen floor and admiring a thin, golden bracelet that resembled a dragon that wrapped around his wrist and sparkled in the sun. Next to him was sitting a few snacks specifically made for dragons and a small container with some kind of ointment. It looked like the medicine that was used on a dragon's scales and claws to keep them healthy and strong but I wasn't that sure about it. I only knew Moros was very displeased.

The commotion in the kitchen had awoken us from our hangover slumber and I had frowned at the pulsing pain inside my head. Iolas didn't seem to fair better and while I could just magically remove it, he was going to be stuck with it for a while. I was completely fine with that since he had taken the liberty to top me yesterday and I wasn't sure how I felt about that. That wasn't how it was supposed to go.

"Who gave them to you?" He demanded to know.

"Collin." The dragon willingly told him and Moros frowned.

"I told you not to talk to him." He snapped and the dragon took half a step back. "Why are you never doing what you are told?"

He was eyeing his belongings which Moros was still clutching onto tightly, tail whipping through the air. The scales that weren't covered by the jumpsuit he was wearing had turned almost completely white, a few scales on his tail were still black while most of them had lost pigment as well and some were a weird greyish color. The same thing was starting to happen to his hair, his eyebrows and his eyelashes as well. It wouldn't take much longer. 

"He is my friend." The dragon insisted.

"You are not his friend!" Moros growled, making the dragon retreat. "He is dangerous, a wanted criminal and most importantly he doesn't have friends. You. Are. Not. His. Friend."

"He is being nice to me!" The dragon persisted. "No one else is being nice to me."

As if to show what he thought of that, Moros dropped the items in the sink and set them on fire with his magic. The dragon whimpered and scurried over to it, trying to put the flames out but he just burned his fingers in the process. He didn't care and tried to grab it again but Moros smacked his hands away, snarling at him as he moved to reach for it again. It was sad to watch him being treated like this. 

"No, please!" The dragon whimpered, making Moros scoff. "Please let me keep them!"

I could see Iolas glare at Moros back and I was glad he had gotten fired, otherwise he might have had to endure all sorts of punishments for behaving like this. I could understand why he did it however. It was disgusting to watch Moros treat the dragon like this and I didn't want to know what else he did once no one was there to keep an eye on him. Ew.

"Look at your hands." He huffed. "I'm not healing that. It's your own fault."

The dragon didn't care and inched closer to the mess that was left smoldering in the sink. He made a sad noise and left his wings hanging to which Moros only rolled his eyes. He reached over to touch him and probably grab him by the neck but Collin appeared out of nowhere, using one finger to push his hand away from him while his lip was curled over his fangs in disgust.