Unknown Disease

Tengetsu had gotten exhausted over all of the recent paperwork and his eyes started to close. "Hey! No sleeping on the job." His new partner, Kaiya, snapped at him. He slowly lifted his head up. "Huh? Oh.. Uh I'm sorry about that. I've just been really tired lately" his eyes still looked as if he was half asleep. *sigh* "well, if you aren't going to do anything useful here, go patrol the halls." Kaiya commanded. Tengetsu rose from his chair and stretched slightly before walking out the door.

Jay had been walking around the halls, with stacks of charts in her hand on the way to deliver them to Trevor. Suddenly, she felt a strange pain and stopped in her tracks. Tengetsu had been walking around towards the corner, and had seen Jay collapsed on the floor, with the files scattered everywhere. "Hey! Send help over here quick!" He yelled out, frantically looking around the area. A bunch of the nurses and doctors had run over, and started carrying Jay to the E.R.

Kaiya had walked out of her office to search for Tengetsu, and she saw the crowded area with a stretcher in the distance. She quickly ran over, and saw Jay laying on it. "What happened?!" Her eyes widened. "I- I don't know.. I was just walking around the corner and I saw her collapsed on the floor." Tengetsu explained. "Don't you DARE be lying to me!" She scowled furiously. "I-I'm not! I promise. I'm as confused as you are."

-The E.R.- "We need to operate on her now!" Kaiya demanded. "We don't know what the cause of this is. If we just go in blindly, it's not going to help anyone." Trevor tried to explain the situation to her calmly. "We can't just sit here and do nothing!"

Daniel had just heard as came straight to Resurgam. He pulled out his phone. -- "Mom, dad.. It's about Jay." His voice lowered as he finished. The call was automatically dropped, and he knew they were on their way. "Hang in there.. Please." Daniel begged as he looked out to the door of the E.R.

"If none of you are gonna do anything I will!" Kaiya was getting furious this time. "I don't think that would be the best idea.. She is your sister, healing touch of not it might not-" he was cut off. "Don't you even dare. We WILL save her, understood?!" She was glaring daggers at him. "If you cared about her at all, you would help me here!" Trevor looked down, and re composed himself. "Alright.. Let's begin the operation!"

Naomi and Little guy burst through the front door. "Is she alright?" Naomi asked, full of worry. "We won't know yet.. We just have to wait. And hope that the doctors can handle this." Daniel stared out at the door again, the sign was still lit. still operating.. The three of them sat down, and held their breath, waiting for any news to come out.

"What the?!" -

Huh?"

"This is something I haven't ever seen before.. And I've done my research." Kaiya stated.

"You're right.. This is a new one." Trevor looked down at the affected areas. "How will we treat it?"

"I don't know.. Ugh Dammit!" Calm down Kaiya.. Concentrate.. Her hand glowed light blue again, she was trying to use the healing touch. -VITAL WARNING-" c'mon.. C'mon.. Dont do this to me! Hang in there!" She worked at bringing the vitals up little by little, but they dropped quickly back again. "This doesn't make any sense!" Kaiya was really panicking now.

"The healing touch doesn't seem to have much effect.." Trevor's voice started to shake.

"If this keeps up, how can it be cured?"Tengetsu looked over at Kaiya

Since Kaiya was in a state of panic, the healing touch could hardly work. It required complete concentration.. But time was running out in her.

"C'mon dammit!" -VITALS at 3- she began to start using the bio gel, but that wasn't strong enough either. -VITALS at 2- Kaiya's eyes widened in horror, she couldn't react fast enough.. She didn't know what to do, how to fix this. -VITALS at 1- ...

-VITALS at 0-

"NOOOOOOO! Dammit!" Kaiya pounded her fist on the table. Her eyes started to tear up. She couldn't do anything.. She felt powerless.

The door to the E.R. opened, Kaiya Trevor and Tengetsu stepped out. Naomi, Little guy and Daniel rushed over to them. Kaiya looked down and shook her head, tears rolling down her face. The others walked over and hugged her; attempting to comfort her, but of course they also felt the pain that she had felt.

Tengetsu's face drooped as he looked out and thought to himself. "With these types of things.. There isn't ever only one."