Chapter VIII

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

We were still standing by the bench, and I noticed Tom followed me on Instagram. I saw he tagged me in a picture we took, with the both of us with our dogs. The caption read,

"GREAT NEWS! Found Tessa AND the owner of the lost dog! And guess what? This time it can still stay my friend! It's almost as if I'm taking him home too! Tessa also seems to enjoy him and his owner. Don't blame her 😉"

I blushed lightly and laughed at the caption, before posting something else on my account, with a different picture.

"Very grateful to have found Tom and give Tessa back. They're too much of an iconic duo to lose. Also very thankful he had Blitz with him, I don't know what I'd do with my precious boy." I also tagged Tom. As soon as I pressed 'post', I noticed comments already flooding in and more followers. I felt bad. I only had all these likes, comments, and followers from Tom. Before I could apologise to Tom, he got my attention.

"Aw, Y/n you didn't have to!" He said to me, pointing to his phone.

"I only speak the truth, Tom." I joked. "I do feel bad though. I mean, I'm only getting all these followers, likes and comments because of you.. I-I-" Tom stopped me from continuing.

"Hey, Y/n. It's okay. I trust you, and I know that you wouldn't use me for attention. Plus, we're friends now! Oh, and my fans seem to love you already." He said to me, showing me all the comments on the post. My eyes widened. Everyone was saying how nice we looked and how cute Blitz was! It made me happy to say the least. We gave each other another smile before putting our phones away and starting to walk.

I was now walking Blitz and talking with Tom through the park. We had agreed to get Paige and Harrison along the way since they were further away. I couldn't help but smile and laugh at almost everything Tom said. He was such a nice person to be around, and to talk to. I was lucky enough to have him be the one who found Blitz, and lucky enough to have found Tessa! If it weren't for that, I don't think I'd be talking with Tom like this, and being friends. I could also tell that Blitz and Tessa were certainly enjoying themselves, just by looking at them. For once, Blitz's head was up, and his tail wagged along with the tapping of his paws. Blitz has really taken a liking to Tom, and very fast at that.

I smiled at the floor, as Tom looked at me. "You alright, love?" He caught me by surprise, but made my heart almost beat out of my chest when he said 'love'.

'Come on, Y/n. He always says that.' I said to myself, trying not to make myself nervous. I looked up at Tom. "Hm? Oh, yeah yeah I'm alright. Just still shaken up by the whole thing, and how bizarre it is." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Don't worry. I feel the same way." Tom paused. "I know it's quite random, but out of everyone from the other day, you were someone I wanted to get to know personally, so, not only is it lucky for you, but for myself too!" He looked at me in the eye.

"Thank you, Tom. I look forward to meeting Harrison as well. Oh! And for Paige to meet him." I said to Tom before smirking slightly. "I have a feeling they're going to get along well."

Tom smirked back, knowing what I meant. "Oh, I definitely agree."

The two of us laughed and enjoyed the calming view around us. The peace was soon ruined, when we had reached where Paige and Harrison said they'd be.

'Oh no.' I thought to myself, as I heard a very familiar screech, that Blitz and I knew too well. I think even Tessa knew who it was at this point. I turned to see Paige fangirl-screaming while holding her phone.

"AHHHAJDJKDKDKFKDKF" Paige continued to screech, as Tom turned his head and raised a brow at me, while I sighed in response. Paige whipped her head to our direction and ran up to us. She turned to Tom. "THANK YOU FOR FINDING BLITZ AND TAKING CARE OF Y/N, ALSO," She then turned to me. "I TOLD YOU MY SHIP WOULD SAIL." Paige stared at me before turning her head to face Tom again. "BUT CARE TO EXPLAIN ABOUT THE NUMBER?"

"Wow, what a warm welcome." Tom said jokingly with a laugh. He opened his mouth to say more but got cut off by a taller man.

———

*TOM'S P.O.V*

"I already approve." The man said, who I automatically knew was Harrison. I turned away to try hide my blush, and luckily Y/n didn't notice. But Paige and Harrison did. Y/n was about to say something but Paige spoke up.

"I'm sure you must know about Y/n, since Tom must talk about her a lot to you, but I'm Paige! Also, I'm glad to see you'll be co-captain with me." Paige extended a hand to Harrison, while he shook her hand with a smile and nodded.

'Did he just- understand her?' I thought to myself, not knowing what Paige was on about. I could see in the corner of my eye, Y/n hiding her face.

"Nice to meet you too Paige! You, my friend, have good tastes." He smirked. "But wow! You two look even better in person! Tom wouldn't stop showing me photos of Y/n-" He was beginning to say but I abruptly cut him off.

"Ahaha! Maybe we should stop standing in the middle of nowhere and get walking!" I said, earning a nod from Y/n, and two mischievous smirks from Paige and Harrison. Harrison went to Paige and started whispering to her. Y/n and I exchanged glances, and smirked. Oh, how cute Harrison and Paige looked together. I could tell Y/n shipped it too.

Harrison then came to me. "I like her already." He said, signalling to Paige. "And you've got yourself a pretty and modest girl there Tom. Take care of her." Haz said to me quietly, earning a like chuckle from me.

"Of course!" I said, and with that, we started the walk to my place.

And this time, I didn't have to go home only thinking about Y/n. She was right beside me.