Chapter One

Chapter One-  

Beliefs  

There on The Hill of Dragon Life, A mother dragon and her baby were sitting together. The mother dragon was telling her child about the mysteries and beliefs that the hill held. The secrets that it would never revile unless a true ruler of dragons came one day and unlocked all secrets.  

She said to her child "One day you may become the great ruler, and rule this mighty island."  

'Then she told her child about the past dragons, the brave dragons and the day the dragons ruled the earth and had riders. The humans where the riders she said. They were kind and caring, gave us all our needs. Till one day someone turned on the dragons, He put poison in our water; He set fire to all crops and food, forgetting he needed those crops and food to survive. He let all die, but he didn't know the real secret about us, He was wrong, she said to her child. He thought we could not live without the food. But we could. He forgot we have lived for many years without food, and now that we have it we do not need it. But we enjoy eating it. He swept out all his kind. Till one day one of our kinds found a child, not only a child but a 'HUMAN' said the mother dragon with a sharp voice. She knew that this was just a mystery that may not have been true, but he believed, just as she did. '

She then said to her child "Do you understand what I am saying to you? I am telling you we need to stay away from those humans, they are evil. At any moment they could come and kill us!" The baby dragon agreed and they both flew off into their den. For all the mother knew, there was much to learn about these funny and strange critters named humans.  

A day later the Childs father returned home from the great hunt, the child asked his father why there was a great hunt.  

The Childs father kindly replied "Those humans are bad people, they burnt our crops, they killed most of our kind, and we are close to a wipe out."  

"We are dyeing as much as it is father? How can I save us?"  

"I know somewhere out there, there is a person who truly loves us. You have to find her. I am getting old now; you are one of the youngest dragons left, maybe the only one left! I need you to find this person, and quickly it will be to late soon. And all will be lost. Is that clear? We all believe in you.Can you do this for us? Save our kind? You will be a hero to all and as your mother told you, you could be the hero and ruler of this island!" The father dragon said as he stumbled into bed.  

What was he to do? He was still young! Even if there was a rider out there, He still would be to small and weak for the rider. Could he really believe what his father said? As for it was his father. One that made him fell strong by making up things. Why did he have this feeling that he could do it? That he could be the rider. Be the one that had ruled the island for years, thousands of years? Was this all just a feeling? Could he really do it? He thought for a while, and then he got up and walked into his room. Did his family really care? Did his father believe in him? Could he really have a rider? That was a mystery but he still believed it. He decided to sleep on it. That morning he had a dream about his rider. It wasn't a not a normal rider. It was a girl, a young girl. Around the age of 15. She was telling him something, something he could not make out but he thought she said  

"I will be with you forever; I will not leave you I promise. I will be there till the very end."  She said in a swift voice.

She was very pretty; she had Short blond hair that shined in the sun and big blue eyes that looked ever so cute. She was perfect. Just as he got to find out if she was his rider something woke him up.  

"Son wake up its morning time for you to get ready for dragon school." His mother said.  

"URG Mum i was dreaming about my rider!" The son replied.  

"Your father has been telling you those crazy stories agene, hasn't he? I will have to get your father to stop that. It's getting to your head. All the humans hate up. Even you know that."  

"But mum I really do believe there is someone out there that believes. I believe in this type of stuff. Mum we lived in peace for thousands of years with these so called humans and I believe they all have a place for us in our heart, I believe I can be the ruler of this island!" He replied.  

"Ok Ok well hurry along and get ready for school. I don't want to find you drawing on the desk agene about this so called 'rider' you apparently believe one day will find you." His mother said pulling him out of bed and giving him his clothes.  

"Oh and breakfast is on the table. Cooked you a human brain and leg soup."  

"MUM I hate that stuff you know I do. I love humans I don't want to eat them." He said and walked out of the room dressed for school.