18

"Forsythe, go back there," Theresa snarled. I looked apologetically at Forsythe, but he only smiled slightly at me.

"I have no intention," he said and looked at his wife.

I didn't like it when people quarrelled in my presence. So I didn't know what I could do at the moment.

"Go back there." Theresa didn't give up.

"I keep Alice a company," he answered calmly. "Because neither you nor FP has interested in her"

"I greet her and talk to her, what do you demand of me?!" Theresa forgot about my presence.

"Theresa, why did you invite me here?" I asked and stood up. I looked at her. "Let your friends have some entertainment in pointing fingers at me?" I raised my eyebrows. I could not show that I was sad.

"Of course not" Theresa wanted to touch me, but I moved away from her.

"I think that's the reason" I smiled broadly at her. "But this time I will not let anyone insult me," I added and passed her. I went to the ballroom.

I wanted alcohol. I picked up a glass of champagne and started to drink.

"Wonderful dress!" One of the women spoke to me. I smiled at her.

"Thank you!" I said.

"Gucci? Armani?" she asked and I laughed.

"No. A regular store in Riverdale. I bought this dress for less than $ 300," I smiled and walked away to the crowd.

"My parents are fighting" FP came to me. I shrugged.

"Nothing new" I sighed. I put the champagne on the table next to me.

"I wonder why..."

"Maybe your father couldn't stand what your mother is doing," I said and walked past him.

"Alice! Anastasia told me that your mother was a journalist!" another woman in a beautiful pink dress asked me. I smiled at her and nodded.

"Indeed," I replied. FP came to us and put his arm around me.

"And you?" the woman asked.

"I worked as a journalist, and now I'm a waitress," I shrugged.

"Waitress? In a well-paid restaurant, right?" the woman tried to continue to smile, but I could see that she was uncomfortable.

"You could say that," I said. "I don't care where I work. The most important thing for me is to give my daughters all the best." I smiled. "Excuse me" I stepped away from this woman and went ahead.

"You're doing great with them." FP took my hand and looked into my eyes. "Are you crying?"

"I don't want to be here," I whispered.

"My mother did something to you?" he asked and stroked my cheek.

"Yes, FP," I whispered. "She invited me here. It was a mistake," I added.

"Don't say that," he asked and kissed me on the forehead. "Dance with me," he added and pulled me to the middle of the dance floor. He put his arm around my waist and I put one hand on his shoulder and the other on his hand.

"You don't want to show me in front of the cameras, do you?" I asked quietly.

"Why do you think so?"

"Because you don't take any pictures with me. You don't introduce me to your family," I shrugged. "Are you hiding something?" I asked and he shook his head.