Chapter 28 - Mom

Can we get this story to 3k votes????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie POV

Everything was going well. Perfect one might say. It's been about four months since it all happened. I got released from my community service, Lisa was officially no longer a patient in the hospital. We were all doing fine. Even Chaeyoung regularly comes over for dinner, sleeps over (in Jisoo's room) and hangs out with us.

The only problem left is school. Because of my record and quite violent past, I didn't get accepted into the college I applied for. Of course, I was disappointed at first, but I realized I could do with a more average college. I applied for one a little closer to home, so I could still be with Lisa every day, and I got accepted. So when high school is finally over, I'll be studying Medical Sciences for the next three years!

"Jennie! Dinner is ready!" I heard Chaeyoung yell from downstairs, interrupting my train of thoughts. I got up from my chair and followed the scent of rice and chicken to the kitchen.

"Hope you're hungry, I made a lot."

I chuckled as I sat down at the table. "If I don't eat, Jisoo will. Chicken is her  favourite, but I guess you knew." I smirked when Chaeyoung blushed. She probably made chicken to impress Jisoo with her cooking skills.

Without waiting for the others to come home, I hungrily devoured my portion. Chaeyoung watched with wide eyes as I practically inhaled the food on my plate. "You're gonna choke, you know."

I shrugged and stuck more food in my mouth. "Ish weally good," I managed to say between bites. Chaeyoung just nodded and sipped her water.

The front door opened and closed and I heard quick footsteps running to the living room. I swallowed everything I had in my mouth at once and almost fell towards the footsteps. When I entered the living room, two arms flew around my neck. I chuckled and hugged back. When we broke the hug, a pair of beautiful, smiling brown eyes looked up at me in bliss.

"Welcome back, Lili." I laughed. Lisa erupted in soft giggles and pouted her lips. I quickly pecked them and smiled. Then I looked at her appearance. She was wearing a pink oversized sweater and white sneakers. "Is that new?"

"At least now she has clothes." I heard Jisoo chuckle as she dropped four bags on the floor. Lisa grinned and grabbed my hand, leading me over to the bags. One by one, she started showing me her new clothes. Jisoo watched us with a fond smile until a scent struck her nose. Sniffing in the air, she walked towards the kitchen to find Chaeyoung with a plate of chicken waiting for her.

"CHICKEN!"

I laughed and focused on Lisa again. She showed me all sorts of jeans, shorts and sweaters they bought in thrift stores. Now Lisa no longer had to wear my clothes, which was kind of a bummer because she looks hella cute in my sweaters. After she showed me all her clothes, we decided to bring them up to our shared room and put them away. We divided my closet in half so we would both have an even amount of space and neatly placed the clothes on the shelves.

"I still have homework to do, wanna stay?" I asked once we were done. Lisa nodded happily and sat down on the bed. I opened my literature book and read the question out loud. Lisa thought for a moment before answering.

We decided to let Lisa do my old homework so she can learn something. She missed a lot of school the past years and we didn't have enough money to afford her college. Lisa said she didn't mind as long as we would teach her things. Jisoo taught her how to work with computers, Chae taught her how to cook. Jungkook taught her how to play video games (she beats him all the time), and I'm teaching her my school stuff. We all contribute a little to her education.

After a few more questions of my homework, I closed my book and sighed. The past days I've been struggling with a question, but I'm not sure if Lisa wants me to talk about it or not.

"Lili?"

"Yes?"

I walked over to the bed and sat down next to her. "Can I ask you something?"

Lisa nodded. "Of course."

I sighed deeply and scooted closer. I took her hands in mine and looked into her eyes. "Dont you miss your family? Your mother at least?"

Lusa stiffened and looked down. She seemed to think hard about the question, her brows knitting together. I already regretted asking, wishing I could take it back. But Lisa smiled and said: "Sometimes."

I looked up in confusion, my eyes meeting hers. She seemed determined with her answer, not showing any particular emotion with it.

"Sometimes?"

Lisa nodded. She leaned in and put her head on my shoulder. "You are my family now." She whispered. My heart did little flips as fought back a smile. It meant so much to me that she felt at home here, but she must miss her mom. Her mom must miss her too.

I carefully pushed her off my shoulder and grabbed her arms. "Don't you want to see your mom?"

Lisa shook her head. "She doesn't want me anymore.." Her voice cracked. I quickly wrapped my arms around her and rocked us back and forth. "Lili baby, why are you saying that?"

Lisa sobbed into my chest as her hands fisted my shirt. She mumbled some words I didn't hear properly. "Speak up baby." I encouraged her as I stroked her hair.

"My..my mom gave me to-- to them.." Lisa's breath hitched a few times in between sobs as she spoke. "She gave me up...I killed her husband...how could she ever want me?"

I sighed and continued to stroke her hair. "Oh baby..." Lisa shook in my arms as her sobs lessened. After a few minutes she composed herself and sat up again. I decided to speak my mind on the situation.

"Baby, don't you think she just wanted to protect you? I mean, you killed your abusive, alcoholic dad. I don't think she's holding a grudge against you for that. In order not to get you in jail, she gave you to the hospital. She probably knew you'd be traumatised after what happened."

Lisa looked like she was about to pass out, her skin turned pale and her hands shook a little. I could see she was thinking about what I said. She knew maybe somewhere I was right.

"Y-you really think so?" She asked with a small voice.

I shook my head and took her hand in mine. "I know so," I argued. "your mother loves you Lisa, I'm sure of it. If I know anything about mothers it's that they always put their children first. And maybe they make mistakes, or they fuck up, but they will never even consider putting themselves above their kid. You're the most important thing in your mothers life, and no 'husband' is going to change that."

Lisa looked at me wide-eyed. Tears fell from her cheeks as her hands slowly steadied. She threw herself at me, enveloping me in a tight hug. I hugged her back and comforted her until she stopped crying.

"Thank you Nini," Lisa sobbed. "I'll go see her. But only if you come with me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it's not the end!! There's one more chapter to come and if you want I'll do a bonus chapter ;)